Metro Business College-Rolla
- There are three Metro Business Colleges in the state of Missouri. Located in Cape Girardeau, Rolla, and Jefferson City, our private career colleges prepare students for new careers in Business, Healthcare, and Information Technology.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 68% over five years.
|Metro Business College-Rolla||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||76 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||70 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||612 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,500||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Metro Business College awards Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Business & Computer Specialist and Medical Specialist. The College awards diplomas in Information Processing/Computer Operator and Medical Secretary. The College awards certificates in Administrative Assistant, Massage Therapy and Medical Administrative Assistant. Metro Business College offers 100 non-credit and certification-based online courses on office productivity applications, design and media tools, computer programming, Web development, databases, hardware networks, operating systems, Cisco training, telephony, Brainbench certification exams, e-business, project management, and workplace safety. All three campuses are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. In fact, MBC has achieved Honor Roll School status with ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Metro Business College-Rolla is State Technical College of Missouri (38.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,259 students | 38.20 MiOne Technology Drive
Linn,  MO  65051
- 125 students | 45.60 Mi6915 S Hwy 63
Houston,  MO  65483
- 125 students | 52.40 Mi210 El Mercado Plaza
Jefferson City,  MO  65109
- 3,222 students | 54.20 Mi1964 Prairie Dell Rd
Union,  MO  63084
- 4,882 students | 68.70 Mi1000 Viking Drive
Hillsboro,  MO  63050
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.