Metro Business College-Rolla
- There are three Metro Business Colleges in the state of Missouri. Located in Cape Girardeau, Rolla, and Jefferson City, our private career colleges prepare students for new careers in Business, Healthcare, and Information Technology.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Metro Business College-Rolla||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||76 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||70 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||612 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,500||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Metro Business College awards Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Business & Computer Specialist and Medical Specialist. The College awards diplomas in Information Processing/Computer Operator and Medical Secretary. The College awards certificates in Administrative Assistant, Massage Therapy and Medical Administrative Assistant. Metro Business College offers 100 non-credit and certification-based online courses on office productivity applications, design and media tools, computer programming, Web development, databases, hardware networks, operating systems, Cisco training, telephony, Brainbench certification exams, e-business, project management, and workplace safety. All three campuses are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. In fact, MBC has achieved Honor Roll School status with ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Metro Business College-Rolla is State Technical College of Missouri (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,259 students | 38.70 MiOne Technology Drive
Linn,  MO  65051
- 125 students | 45.50 Mi6915 S Hwy 63
Houston,  MO  65483
- 125 students | 52.40 Mi210 El Mercado Plaza
Jefferson City,  MO  65109
- 3,222 students | 54.30 Mi1964 Prairie Dell Rd
Union,  MO  63084
- 4,882 students | 68.80 Mi1000 Viking Drive
Hillsboro,  MO  63050
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.