MedTech College-Lexington Campus
MedTech College-Lexington Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|MedTech College-Lexington Campus||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||5|
|Total Enrollment||186 students||3,252 students|
|# Full-Time Students||186 students||1,360 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,800||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2015)||81%||97%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$20,000||$14,296|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$6,334||$6,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to MedTech College-Lexington Campus is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,952 students | 5.00 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington,  KY  40506
- 979 students | 6.20 Mi2376 Sir Barton Way
Lexington,  KY  40509
- 1,140 students | 10.60 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
- 3,478 students | 51.50 Mi1755 U.S. Hwy 68
Maysville,  KY  41056
- 439 students | 59.00 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
The chancellor of the California Community College System, Bryce Harris, recently stated more than 20 community colleges in the state were at risk of losing accreditation. In the midst of problems with City College of San Francisco, some are beginning to question the credibility of the accreditors.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.