Lewis College Of Business (Closed 2013)
- It is the mission of Lewis College of Business to cultivate the moral and intellectual characteristics needed to make meaningful contributions to the world. Lewis College of Business provides an education that emphasizes a learning experience wherein students develop skills in the areas of communication, creative problem solving, technological literacy, self-motivated learning, integrity, and socio-cultural awareness and responsibility. Liberal Arts courses and requirements equip students with a broad base of knowledge that fuels a comprehensive worldview and facilitates the cultivation of intellectual skills.
|Lewis College Of Business||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||67 students||3,505 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
- Lewis Business College was founded at the beginning of the Great Depression in 1928 by Violet T. Lewis, a double minority—an African-American female. Dr. Lewis was possessed with the idea of providing education at the post- secondary level in office occupations, for African-American young adults in Indianapolis, Indiana. Due to the segregation laws at that time, the private and public post-secondary schools in Indiana did not accept African-American students. During the past 70 years, over 2,500 students have graduated from Lewis College of Business, and close to 27,000 students have attended this institution. Upon graduation, the majority of the alumni immediately enter into the world of work, while others continue their education. Lewis College of Business offers educational preparation in Liberal Arts and three career areas: Business Administration, Computer Information Systems and Office Information Systems. The academic programs at Lewis have traditionally combined theoretical and practical methods of instruction. The movement for regional accreditation started in 1975, and Lewis College of Business received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) in 1978 as a junior college. The College's accreditation status was reaffirmed in 1982 and 1987, 1990, 1995 and 2001.
- The nearest community college to Lewis College Of Business is DeVry University-Michigan (6.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 6.00 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
- 13,790 students | 7.30 Mi5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn,  MI  48128
- 16,310 students | 8.70 Mi801 W. Fort Street
Detroit,  MI  48226
- 3,372 students | 10.10 Mi4500 Enterprise Dr
Allen Park,  MI  48101
- 22,914 students | 11.60 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren,  MI  48088