Kilian Community College (Closed 2016)
Kilian Community College Photo #2 - Kilian Community College is located with walking distance from historic downtown Sioux Falls.
Kilian Community College Photo #3 - Located on the banks of the Sioux River, Kilian Community College is directly north of Falls Park and namesake of the city: Sioux Falls.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kilian Community College||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||252 students||934 students|
|# Full-Time Students||34 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||218 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,500||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in the heart of the city, near the Falls of the Big Sioux River in downtown Sioux Falls, Kilan is the city's only community college.
- Established in 1977, Kilian Community College provides higher learning and serves new-traditional students by meeting them where they are and getting them to where they need to go. Kilian is renowned for its empowering approach to education. By being accessible, supportive, relevant, and trusted, Kilian helps students enter the workforce with an education, a sense of accomplishment, and a confidence that keeps them on the path to success.
- Kilian Community College focuses on helping every student succeed. Our faculty and staff help you create your own goals, pathways, and direction. We will take the journey with you until you reach your destination.
- The nearest community college to Kilian Community College is Southeast Technical Institute (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,332 students | 3.10 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 138 students | 4.80 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 595 students | 5.10 Mi5801 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 1,568 students | 49.40 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 1,198 students | 64.80 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.