Kilian Community College (Closed 2016)
Kilian Community College Photo #2 - Kilian Community College is located with walking distance from historic downtown Sioux Falls.
Kilian Community College Photo #3 - Located on the banks of the Sioux River, Kilian Community College is directly north of Falls Park and namesake of the city: Sioux Falls.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kilian Community College||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||252 students||934 students|
|# Full-Time Students||34 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||218 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,500||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in the heart of the city, near the Falls of the Big Sioux River in downtown Sioux Falls, Kilan is the city's only community college.
- Established in 1977, Kilian Community College provides higher learning and serves new-traditional students by meeting them where they are and getting them to where they need to go. Kilian is renowned for its empowering approach to education. By being accessible, supportive, relevant, and trusted, Kilian helps students enter the workforce with an education, a sense of accomplishment, and a confidence that keeps them on the path to success.
- Kilian Community College focuses on helping every student succeed. Our faculty and staff help you create your own goals, pathways, and direction. We will take the journey with you until you reach your destination.
- The nearest community college to Kilian Community College is Southeast Technical Institute (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,332 students | 3.10 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 138 students | 4.80 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 1,568 students | 49.40 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 1,198 students | 64.80 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
- 254 students | 73.10 Mi2720 Stone Park Blvd
Sioux City,  IA  51104
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.