Kilian Community College (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kilian Community College||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||252 students||934 students|
|# Full-Time Students||34 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||218 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,500||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in the heart of the city, near the Falls of the Big Sioux River in downtown Sioux Falls, Kilan is the city's only community college.
- Established in 1977, Kilian Community College provides higher learning and serves new-traditional students by meeting them where they are and getting them to where they need to go. Kilian is renowned for its empowering approach to education. By being accessible, supportive, relevant, and trusted, Kilian helps students enter the workforce with an education, a sense of accomplishment, and a confidence that keeps them on the path to success.
- Kilian Community College focuses on helping every student succeed. Our faculty and staff help you create your own goals, pathways, and direction. We will take the journey with you until you reach your destination.
- The nearest community college to Kilian Community College is Southeast Technical Institute (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,332 students | 3.10 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
(605) 367-7624 3.102,332
- 138 students | 4.80 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
(605) 977-0705 4.80138
- 1,568 students | 50.20 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
(712) 324-5061 50.201,568
- 1,162 students | 64.70 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
(800) 684-1969 64.701,162
- 254 students | 73.20 Mi2720 Stone Park Blvd
Sioux City,  IA  51104
(712) 279-3149 73.20254
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.