Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills
- The mission of CHI Institute is to provide higher education with quality programs that integrate professional skills and career focus to empower students in developing and achieving both their personal and career potentials.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||8|
|Total Enrollment||640 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||640 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||246 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,157||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- CHI Institute has two convenient locations in the Philadelphia, PA area and is part of a nationwide network of over 60 schools offering quality career-focused education. The Southampton campus is located at 520 Street Road, Southampton, Pennsylvania and consists of three adjoining buildings totaling 42,000 square feet. This campus is situated on a 5 1/2-acre site in the northeast suburbs of Philadelphia. CHI Institute is located at 1991 Sproul Road, Suite 42, Broomall. For decades, CHI Institute has trained thousands of graduates for outstanding career opportunities in Computers, Electronics, Medical and Technical Trades. CHI Institute offers different programs in Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy, Criminal Justice, Graphic Design, Electrician, Computer Engineering, Technology Computer Networking, Computer Programming Network Engineering, Technology, Computerized Office, Applications Medical Office Administration and Pharmacy Technician. Southampton location is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills is Lincoln Technical Institute-Northeast Philadelphia (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 310 students | 2.20 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
- 332 students | 2.50 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia,  PA  19114
- 360 students | 3.40 Mi9191 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia,  PA  19136
- 500 students | 5.00 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
- 84 students | 5.70 Mi1761 Bustleton Pike
Feasterville Trevose,  PA  19053
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.