Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills
- The mission of CHI Institute is to provide higher education with quality programs that integrate professional skills and career focus to empower students in developing and achieving both their personal and career potentials.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 67% over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||8|
|Total Enrollment||640 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||640 students||354 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||217 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.72||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,157||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- CHI Institute has two convenient locations in the Philadelphia, PA area and is part of a nationwide network of over 60 schools offering quality career-focused education. The Southampton campus is located at 520 Street Road, Southampton, Pennsylvania and consists of three adjoining buildings totaling 42,000 square feet. This campus is situated on a 5 1/2-acre site in the northeast suburbs of Philadelphia. CHI Institute is located at 1991 Sproul Road, Suite 42, Broomall. For decades, CHI Institute has trained thousands of graduates for outstanding career opportunities in Computers, Electronics, Medical and Technical Trades. CHI Institute offers different programs in Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy, Criminal Justice, Graphic Design, Electrician, Computer Engineering, Technology Computer Networking, Computer Programming Network Engineering, Technology, Computerized Office, Applications Medical Office Administration and Pharmacy Technician. Southampton location is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 310 students | 2.20 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
- 332 students | 2.50 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia,  PA  19114
- 360 students | 3.40 Mi9191 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia,  PA  19136
- 500 students | 5.00 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
- 84 students | 5.70 Mi1761 Bustleton Pike
Feasterville Trevose,  PA  19053
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.