Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills
- The mission of CHI Institute is to provide higher education with quality programs that integrate professional skills and career focus to empower students in developing and achieving both their personal and career potentials.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||8|
|Total Enrollment||640 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||640 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||246 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,157||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- CHI Institute has two convenient locations in the Philadelphia, PA area and is part of a nationwide network of over 60 schools offering quality career-focused education. The Southampton campus is located at 520 Street Road, Southampton, Pennsylvania and consists of three adjoining buildings totaling 42,000 square feet. This campus is situated on a 5 1/2-acre site in the northeast suburbs of Philadelphia. CHI Institute is located at 1991 Sproul Road, Suite 42, Broomall. For decades, CHI Institute has trained thousands of graduates for outstanding career opportunities in Computers, Electronics, Medical and Technical Trades. CHI Institute offers different programs in Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy, Criminal Justice, Graphic Design, Electrician, Computer Engineering, Technology Computer Networking, Computer Programming Network Engineering, Technology, Computerized Office, Applications Medical Office Administration and Pharmacy Technician. Southampton location is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills is Lincoln Technical Institute-Northeast Philadelphia (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 310 students | 2.20 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
- 332 students | 2.50 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia,  PA  19114
- 360 students | 3.40 Mi9191 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia,  PA  19136
- 500 students | 5.00 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
- 84 students | 5.70 Mi1761 Bustleton Pike
Feasterville Trevose,  PA  19053
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.