ITT Technical Institute-Richmond (Closed 2016)
- The ITT Technical Institute is an institution of higher learning that is committed to offering quality undergraduate and continuing education locally, nationally and worldwide to students of diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities. ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 105 ITT Technical Institutes in 37 states which predominantly provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 70,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969. Most ITT Technical Institute programs of study blend traditional academic content with applied learning concepts, with a significant portion devoted to practical study in a lab environment. Advisory committees, comprised of representatives of local businesses and employers, help each ITT Technical Institute periodically assess and update curricula, equipment and laboratory design.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Richmond||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||69 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Richmond is Centura College-Richmond Main (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 33 students | 0.80 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
(804) 330-0111 0.8033
- 11,735 students | 1.30 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
(804) 330-5533 1.3011,735
- 10 students | 1.30 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
(804) 521-0400 1.3010
- 741 students | 2.80 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
North Chesterfield,  VA  23235
(804) 745-2444 2.80741
- 425 students | 6.80 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
(804) 323-1020 6.80425
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.