ITT Technical Institute-Houston West (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Houston West||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||615 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||555 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||60 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$33,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 80 ITT Technical Institutes in 30 states which predominantly provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 40,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969. The five schools at the ITT Technical Institutes [School of Information Technology, School of Drafting and Design, School of Electronics Technology, School of Business, and School of Criminal Justice] teach skills and knowledge that can be used to begin careers in our global technology-driven culture. Most ITT Technical Institute programs of study blend traditional academic content with applied learning concepts, with a significant portion devoted to practical study in a lab environment. Advisory committees, comprised of representatives of local businesses and employers, help each ITT Technical Institute periodically assess and update curricula, equipment and laboratory design.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Houston West is American InterContinental University-Houston (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 535 students | 0.70 Mi9999 Richmond Avenue
Houston,  TX  77042
- 147 students | 2.10 Mi7277 Regency Sq Blvd
Houston,  TX  77036
- 325 students | 2.30 Mi3110 Hayes Road Suite 380
Houston,  TX  77082
- 496 students | 2.40 Mi7000 Regency Square Blvd.
Houston,  TX  77036
- 216 students | 5.10 Mi4669 Southwest Fwy Ste 100
Houston,  TX  77027
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.