ITT Technical Institute-Greenville (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Greenville||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||269 students||1,260 students|
|# Full-Time Students||201 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||68 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$28,900|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Greenville, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute, Nashville, Tennessee opened in September, 1984 offering an associate of applied science degree program of study in Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, and bachelor of applied science degree programs of study in Data Communication Systems Technology, Digitial Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Greenville, South Carolina and Norwood, Ohio. ITT Technical Institute, Greenville, South Carolina opened in November, 1992, offering an associate of applied science degree program of study in Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Technical Project Management. The school moved to its present location in July, 2004. ITT Technical Institute is located in the Independence Office Park. The school occupies approximately 22,865 square feet of space housing classrooms and offices. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances, restroom facilities, water fountains and telephones for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of applied science and bachelor of science degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Greenville is Greenville Technical College (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,592 students | 4.90 Mi738 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville,  SC  29607
- 708 students | 6.10 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville,  SC  29601
- 793 students | 19.00 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
- 5,495 students | 23.10 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
- 111 students | 31.50 Mi601 E River Street
Anderson,  SC  29624
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.