ITT Technical Institute-Fort Lauderdale (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Fort Lauderdale||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||27 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||552 students||1,142 students|
|# Full-Time Students||402 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||150 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$30,300|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Fort Lauderdale, is one of a network of co-educational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. Instruction was initially offered in June 1967, under the name Sams Technical Institute, as a sister school to the Sams Technical Institutes already established in Indianapolis and Evansville. In September 1970, the name of the school was changed to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in May, 2005. The school offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelorof science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Criminal Justice, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Technical Project Management. Branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Troy, Michigan, Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Burr Ridge, Illinois. ITT Technical Institute opened in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in September 1991, offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology and Information Systems Security. ITT Technical Institute is located in the Rolling Hills Office Centre in West Broward County. The school expanded the facility in January 1998 from 16,400 square feet of space housing classrooms and offices to approximately 32,600 square feet. Ample parking space is provided and the building is equipped to accommodate disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of science and bachelor of science degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Fort Lauderdale is Fortis Institute-Fort Lauderdale (6.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 175 students | 6.40 Mi4850 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 224
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33313
- 789 students | 7.10 Mi3221 Enterprise Way
Hollywood,  FL  33025
- 90 students | 7.20 Mi1040 Bayview Drive
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33304
- n/a students | 7.30 Mi2620 hollywood blvd
Hollywood,  FL  33020
- 44,119 students | 7.50 Mi111 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33301
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.