ITT Technical Institute-Canton (Closed 2016)
- ITT Technical Institute is a leading private college system offering technology-oriented programs at this Michigan college. Be a part of the Detroit area college location and enroll in one of more than 100 ITT Technical Institutes in over 30 states. ITT Tech offers career-focused degree programs available at this Detroit area college location. At ITT Technical Institutes, we are committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in today's fastest growing career fields, including electronics, web development, computer programming,computer networking, computer drafting and design, criminal justice, business and health sciences.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Canton||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||415 students||3,505 students|
|# Full-Time Students||276 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||139 students||1,914 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$30,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Canton is Schoolcraft College (8.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,230 students | 8.70 Mi18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia,  MI  48152
- 13,790 students | 11.10 Mi5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn,  MI  48128
- 12,295 students | 11.30 Mi4800 E Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor,  MI  48105
- 3,372 students | 12.20 Mi4500 Enterprise Dr
Allen Park,  MI  48101
- 289 students | 16.80 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
Learn about the growing trend amongst four-year universities to recruit from community college campuses. Enjoy an academic head start and a competitive edge against other applicants by starting first at community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.