ITT Technical Institute-Austin (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Austin||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||438 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||356 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||82 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$33,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Austin, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Austin, Texas began offering an associate of applied science degree in Electronics Engineering Technology on December 2, 1985. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology. The school occupies approximately 38,300 square feet which contain theory classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, a learning resource center, a student lounge and bookstore. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances, restroom facilities, water fountains and telephones for disabled individuals. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Austin is Austin Community College District (10.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 40,949 students | 10.80 Mi5930 Middle Fiskville Rd
Austin,  TX  78752
- 643 students | 14.10 Mi3110 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 100
Austin,  TX  78758
- 207 students | 17.10 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin,  TX  78727
- 20,547 students | 60.80 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen,  TX  76549
- 574 students | 62.80 Mi7142 San Pedro Suite 100
San Antonio,  TX  78216
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.