ITT Technical Institute-Austin (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Austin||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Austin, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Austin, Texas began offering an associate of applied science degree in Electronics Engineering Technology on December 2, 1985. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology. The school occupies approximately 38,300 square feet which contain theory classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, a learning resource center, a student lounge and bookstore. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances, restroom facilities, water fountains and telephones for disabled individuals. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Austin is Austin Community College District (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 40,949 students | 0.80 Mi5930 Middle Fiskville Rd
Austin,  TX  78752
(512) 223-7000 0.8040,949
- 643 students | 5.50 Mi3110 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 100
Austin,  TX  78758
(888) 553-2433 5.50643
- 129 students | 8.00 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin,  TX  78727
(512) 651-4700 8.00129
- 84 students | 21.40 Mi1015 W. University Avenue, Suite 700
Georgetown,  TX  78628
(512) 942-6750 21.4084
- 16,073 students | 55.10 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen,  TX  76549
(254) 526-7161 55.1016,073
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.