Iowa Lakes Community College
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Iowa Lakes Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,340 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,090 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,250 students||1,530 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||285|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Iowa Lakes Community College is a public, comprehensive educational institution accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college was established in 1967 under provision of Chapters 260C and 260D, Code of Iowa. Over 73,000 people reside in this predominately rural five-county district encompassing approximately 2,900 square miles. Iowa Lakes Community College is a two-year college located in the rural northwest part of the state of Iowa in the Iowa Great Lakes region. Founded in 1967, Iowa Lakes provides affordable education to the residents of northwest Iowa and southwest Minnesota. The communities served by Iowa Lakes are Emmetsburg, Estherville, Algona, Spencer, Spirit Lake and Okoboji. Currently, over 3,600 students are enrolled in the liberal arts, career option, and vocational-technical programs as well as other programs. In addition, Continuing Education helps to provide lifelong learning opportunities as well as workplace training. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Iowa Lakes Community College is Northwest Iowa Community College (54.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,568 students | 54.60 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 1,426 students | 60.50 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City,  IA  50436
- 3,387 students | 66.30 Mi1920 Lee Blvd
Mankato,  MN  56003
- 531 students | 67.50 Mi700 Luther Dr
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 690 students | 69.70 Mi130 Saint Andrews Drive
Mankato,  MN  56001
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.