International institute of the americas (Closed 2006)
|International institute of the americas||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- International Institute of the Americas (IIA) was originally incorporated and licensed in Arizona on October 18, 1979 as Arizona Institute of Business and Technology (AIBT), a non-profit business and technical school. IIA's Phoenix Campus, the main facility, is located at 43rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road and has been at that site since 1985. The West Valley branch opened in 1988 and moved to its current location in 1993. The Mesa branch opened in 1990. The Tucson branch opened in 1995 and relocated to its current address in 2001. In 2002, a fourth branch was opened in Albuquerque, New Mexico. On April 23, 1999, AIBT was awarded Junior College status and received approval to offer the Associate of Arts (AA) degree at all campus locations. The college offers Online Education, Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree and Diploma Program in Business/Accounting, Medical Programs, Computers, Justice Admin. and Paralegal. International Institute of the Americas (IIA) is a Senior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Certificates, Diplomas, Associate of Arts, and Bachelor of Arts Degrees.
The nearest community college to International institute of the americas is Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,869 students | 4.90 Mi10695 West Pierce Street
Avondale, AZ 85323
(800) 510-5845 4.901,869
- 17,942 students | 5.30 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
(623) 845-3000 5.3017,942
- 428 students | 6.20 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale, AZ 85302
(602) 222-9300 6.20428
- 9,976 students | 7.20 Mi3000 N Dysart Rd
Avondale, AZ 85392
(623) 935-8000 7.209,976
- 475 students | 7.50 Mi8503 N. 27th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602) 393-5900 7.50475
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.
Going to college is a big deal and so is choosing the right one. Keep reading to learn the top 10 questions to ask yourself before attending college and the best questions to help you make the right choice.