Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (800) 510-5845
- We are industry?s choice for providing professional technicians for the customers we serve in the automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine industries, and related aftermarkets. We set the standard in professional and technical education, lifelong learning and employment services.
Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Offering Breadth Programs offered
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||66 staff||85 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||12||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||77%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,000||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,750|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Through our campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. www.accsct.org
The nearest community college to Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc is Estrella Mountain Community College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,976 students | 3.90 Mi3000 N Dysart Rd
Avondale,  AZ  85392
(623) 935-8000 3.909,976
- 692 students | 9.50 Mi6829 N 46th Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85301
(623) 934-7273 9.50692
- 17,942 students | 9.80 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85302
(623) 845-3000 9.8017,942
- 428 students | 11.00 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
(602) 222-9300 11.00428
- 10,959 students | 11.60 Mi1202 W Thomas Rd
Phoenix,  AZ  85013
(602) 264-2492 11.6010,959
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.