Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (800) 510-5845
- We are industry?s choice for providing professional technicians for the customers we serve in the automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine industries, and related aftermarkets. We set the standard in professional and technical education, lifelong learning and employment services.
Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||66 staff||140 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||12||12|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||75%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,000||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,750|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Through our campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. www.accsct.org
The nearest community college to Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc is Estrella Mountain Community College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,976 students | 3.90 Mi3000 N Dysart Rd
Avondale, AZ 85392
(623) 935-8000 3.909,976
- 17,942 students | 9.80 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
(623) 845-3000 9.8017,942
- 428 students | 11.00 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale, AZ 85302
(602) 222-9300 11.00428
- 10,959 students | 11.60 Mi1202 W Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85013
(602) 264-2492 11.6010,959
- 475 students | 12.40 Mi8503 N. 27th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602) 393-5900 12.40475
Are you paying too much for community college textbooks? Learn about how you can save money on your textbooks, ranging from tips on how to find the best used deals to even renting your textbooks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.