Hudson County Community College
- Hudson County Community College has come to be recognized as a valuable community asset where residents can receive a high quality education, at an affordable price, close to home. The College enjoys full and unrestricted general accreditation from the Middle States Association, and programs in nursing, culinary arts and technology have received specialized professional certifications.
- Hudson County Community College Erases Financial Balances Totaling $4.8 Million for 4,800 Students - 07/02/2021 - Hudson County Community College (HCCC) has expunged $4,861,188 in outstanding financial balances for approximately 4,800 students. The forgiven debt covers all outstanding balances for the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020, ...moreas well as Spring 2021 semesters, when the pandemic imposed catastrophic challenges that disproportionately impacted students and residents of Hudson County and metropolitan New York. hide
- Hudson County Community College Offers Three More In-Demand, Fully Online Degree Programs - 07/01/2021 - Hudson County Community College (HCCC) has added three new programs to its roster of fully online degree studies Associate of Arts in English, Associate of Arts in Psychology (Liberal ...moreArts), and Associate of Science in Health Services. hide
The teacher population of 445 teachers has grown by 155% over five years.
|Hudson County Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||445 staff||445 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||69||25|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Business and Accounting Club, C.A.R.E. Club (Nursing), Chi Alpha Epsilon (Honor Society), Computer Science Club, Criminal Justice Club, Culinary Arts Club, Enviromental Club, Gaming Central Club, Honors Student Council, Hospitality Club, Human Services Club, LGBTQIA Club, Literary Club, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Poetry Club, Psi Beta (Psychology Honor Society), Psychology Club, Sigma Kappa Delta (English Honor Society), STEM Club, Student Government Association, Teacher Education Club, The Orator (Student Newspaper), Theater Arts Club
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- When the New Jersey Board of Higher Education approved the establishment of a community college commission in Hudson County in September, 1974, the Commission became the first agency of its kind in the country. In the Spring of 1981, the Institution's official name became Hudson County Community College. Over the past decade, the credit enrollment has grown to more than 9,000 students, and not-for-credit enrollments have increased more than 10 times. The curricula have been revised and expanded to include more and stronger transfer and career programs, including a Paramedic Science degree program launched last semester. The College has established a centralized counseling program, and reorganized student government/student activities programs provide a strong co-curricular supplement to academic programs. Hudson County Community College offers a full range of associate-degree and certificate programs, many of which may lead to immediate employment. Students may select courses of study in Allied Health, Business, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, Education, Engineering/Technology, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. HCCC's chapter of the international Phi Theta Kappa honor society is a source of special pride for the College and has earned national and statewide recognition for excellence. The Center for Business and Industry has been established to provide contract training for county employers and local businesses. A recently established Division of Technology and Instructional Support Services is implementing ambitious plans to incorporate state-of-the-art technology into the classroom and workplace.
Profile last updated: 08/16/2021
The nearest community college to Hudson County Community College is Eastern International College-Belleville (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 264 students | 0.30 Mi251 Washington Ave
Belleville, NJ 07109
(973) 751-9051 0.30264
- 25,500 students | 2.80 Mi199 Chambers St
New York, NY 10007
(212) 220-8000 2.8025,500
- 545 students | 3.10 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York, NY 10007
(212) 962-0002 3.10545
- 1,011 students | 3.30 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013
(212) 226-7300 3.301,011
- 8,726 students | 3.70 Mi227 W 27th St
New York, NY 10001
(212) 217-7999 3.708,726
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.