Hudson County Community College
- Hudson County Community College has come to be recognized as a valuable community asset where residents can receive a high quality education, at an affordable price, close to home. The College enjoys full and unrestricted general accreditation from the Middle States Association, and programs in nursing, culinary arts and technology have received specialized professional certifications.
- Hudson County Community College Foundation Announces New Christopher M. Reber Endowed Scholarship Fund - 08/11/2020 - Hudson County Community College (HCCC) Foundation Board of Directors Chair, Joseph Napolitano, Sr., announced that the College`s President, Dr. Christopher M. Reber, has pledged a personal donation of $50,000 to ...moreestablish an endowed scholarship fund for full- and part-time HCCC students. Dr. Reber will fulfill this pledge through payroll deduction over the next five years. He plans to continue adding funds to the scholarship endowment throughout his lifetime and through his estate planning. hide
- The teacher population of 445 teachers has grown by 61% over five years.
|Hudson County Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||445 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,342 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||3,628 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$36,100|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Business and Accounting Club, C.A.R.E. Club (Nursing), Chi Alpha Epsilon (Honor Society), Computer Science Club, Criminal Justice Club, Culinary Arts Club, Enviromental Club, Gaming Central Club, Honors Student Council, Hospitality Club, Human Services Club, LGBTQIA Club, Literary Club, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Poetry Club, Psi Beta (Psychology Honor Society), Psychology Club, Sigma Kappa Delta (English Honor Society), STEM Club, Student Government Association, Teacher Education Club, The Orator (Student Newspaper), Theater Arts Club
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- When the New Jersey Board of Higher Education approved the establishment of a community college commission in Hudson County in September, 1974, the Commission became the first agency of its kind in the country. In the Spring of 1981, the Institution's official name became Hudson County Community College. Over the past decade, the credit enrollment has grown to more than 9,000 students, and not-for-credit enrollments have increased more than 10 times. The curricula have been revised and expanded to include more and stronger transfer and career programs, including a Paramedic Science degree program launched last semester. The College has established a centralized counseling program, and reorganized student government/student activities programs provide a strong co-curricular supplement to academic programs. Hudson County Community College offers a full range of associate-degree and certificate programs, many of which may lead to immediate employment. Students may select courses of study in Allied Health, Business, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, Education, Engineering/Technology, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. HCCC's chapter of the international Phi Theta Kappa honor society is a source of special pride for the College and has earned national and statewide recognition for excellence. The Center for Business and Industry has been established to provide contract training for county employers and local businesses. A recently established Division of Technology and Instructional Support Services is implementing ambitious plans to incorporate state-of-the-art technology into the classroom and workplace.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Hudson County Community College is Eastern International College-Jersey City (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.30 Mi684 Newark Ave
Jersey City,  NJ  07306
(201) 216-9901 0.30n/a
- 26,606 students | 2.80 Mi199 Chambers St
New York,  NY  10007
(212) 220-8000 2.8026,606
- 545 students | 3.10 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
(212) 962-0002 3.10545
- 110 students | 3.20 Mi80 Eighth Ave Rm 400
New York,  NY  10011
(212) 242-2255 3.20110
- n/a students | 3.30 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
(212) 226-7300 3.30n/a
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.