- Highland Community College is an open-admissions institution serving residents and non-residents of the state of Kansas. We offer you an excellent array of opportunities to make choices, both academically and with extracurricular activities.
Highland Community College serves 2,700 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 37%.
- Enrollment: 2,700 students
- In-state tuition: $3,870
- Out-state tuition: $3,870
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 27%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 240 teachers has grown by 71% over five years.
Highland Community College
(KS) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Highland Community College has declined by 17% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Highland Community College diversity score of 0.43 is less than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has declined by 8% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,870 is more than the state average of $3,484. The in-state tuition has grown by 14% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,870 is less than the state average of $4,443. The out-state tuition has grown by 14% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The most important people in ensuring the quality of your academic life at HCC are the faculty. Just as they are prepared to assist you in the classroom with quality instruction, they will also be involved with you outside the classroom as advisors, intramural opponents, and friends. The Highland Community College Adult Education Program, in collaboration with multiple service agencies and educational institutions in Northeast Kansas, enables undereducated area adults to further their education and thus improve the quality of their lives by providing meaningful educational opportunities and support services. Highland Community College offers a variety of allied health courses for college credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Highland Community College cost?
Highland Community College's tuition is approximately $3,870 for In-State students and $3,870 for Out-State students.
What sports does Highland Community College offer?
Highland Community College offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Softball, Track and Field and Volleyball.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.