Highland Community College
- Highland Community College is an open-admissions institution serving residents and non-residents of the state of Kansas. We offer you an excellent array of opportunities to make choices, both academically and with extracurricular activities.
The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Highland Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||66 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important people in ensuring the quality of your academic life at HCC are the faculty. Just as they are prepared to assist you in the classroom with quality instruction, they will also be involved with you outside the classroom as advisors, intramural opponents, and friends. The Highland Community College Adult Education Program, in collaboration with multiple service agencies and educational institutions in Northeast Kansas, enables undereducated area adults to further their education and thus improve the quality of their lives by providing meaningful educational opportunities and support services. Highland Community College offers a variety of allied health courses for college credit.
The nearest community college to Highland Community College is Northeast Kansas Technical Center (21.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 21.20 Mi1501 W Riley St
Atchison,  KS  66002
(913) 367-6204 21.20289
- 404 students | 24.60 Mi1018 W St Maartens Dr
St Joseph,  MO  64506
(816) 279-7000 24.60404
- 5 students | 49.70 Mi11500 N Ambassador Ste 221
Kansas City,  MO  64153
(816) 331-5700 49.705
- n/a students | 57.60 Mi2601 NE Barry Road
Kansas City,  MO  64156
- 5,885 students | 58.10 Mi7250 State Ave
Kansas City,  KS  66112
(913) 334-1100 58.105,885
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.