Heald College-San Jose (Closed 2015)
The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 29% over five years.
|Heald College-San Jose||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. Heald's San Jose campus builds upon a legacy of teaching that began in 1907. Since its establishment, Heald San Jose has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. As the greater San Jose area thrives as strong market for new jobs, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top Bay Area employers. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the San Jose, California campus features a 56,000 square-foot, fully networked facility next to the Great Mall in Milpitas. Situated in a community known as the center of the global technology market, the campus provides accelerated programs that lead to rewarding careers. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in ducation.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,780 students | 4.90 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 988-2200 4.907,780
- 9,270 students | 7.00 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 298-2181 7.009,270
- 8,835 students | 7.90 Mi43600 Mission Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510) 659-6000 7.908,835
- 19,482 students | 10.20 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 864-5678 10.2019,482
- 9,598 students | 11.10 Mi3095 Yerba Buena Rd
San Jose, CA 95135
(408) 274-7900 11.109,598
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?