Heald College-San Jose (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heald College-San Jose||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,255 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||940 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||315 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,800||$34,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. Heald's San Jose campus builds upon a legacy of teaching that began in 1907. Since its establishment, Heald San Jose has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. As the greater San Jose area thrives as strong market for new jobs, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top Bay Area employers. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the San Jose, California campus features a 56,000 square-foot, fully networked facility next to the Great Mall in Milpitas. Situated in a community known as the center of the global technology market, the campus provides accelerated programs that lead to rewarding careers. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in ducation.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,435 students | 4.90 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara,  CA  95054
- 9,072 students | 7.00 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose,  CA  95128
- 11,318 students | 7.90 Mi43600 Mission Blvd
Fremont,  CA  94539
- 23,104 students | 10.20 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino,  CA  95014
- 9,133 students | 11.10 Mi3095 Yerba Buena Rd
San Jose,  CA  95135
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.