Golf Academy of America-Carlsbad
- Golf Academy of America in San Diego is a two-year accredited golf college offering an associate’s degree in Golf Complex Operations and Management. The program has a combined curriculum of golf instruction, golf course management, and golf business courses with two areas of emphasis: Golf Professional and General Golf Management. Students may choose to have a dual emphasis or choose to specialize in one area only. Golf Academy of America has over 45 full-time PGA professionals, plus business professionals and educators, all contributing to its superior reputation for a golf career education.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Golf Academy of America-Carlsbad||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||168 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||155 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established over 30 years ago, and with more than 5,000 graduates, Golf Academy of America has grown to five campuses throughout the United States: California, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Students at Golf Academy of America in San Diego get weekly opportunities to play some of the region's best courses, including La Costa Resort and Spa, Aviara Golf Club, Torrey Pines Golf Course, Arrowood Golf Course, Vista Valley, Stoneridge Country Club and many more. San Diego is the site of the PGA's Buick Invitational, and the World Match Play Tournament Event held at the prestigious La Costa Resort.
- The nearest community college to Golf Academy of America-Carlsbad is MiraCosta College (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,687 students | 4.70 MiOne Barnard Drive
Oceanside,  CA  92056
- 812 students | 5.00 Mi2022 University Dr
Vista,  CA  92083
- 24,914 students | 6.10 Mi1140 W. Mission
San Marcos,  CA  92069
- 11,876 students | 17.60 Mi10440 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego,  CA  92126
- 796 students | 22.50 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.