Global Health College (Closed 2017)
- The mission of Global Health Nurse Training Services (GHNTS) is to prepare healthcare providers who are able to function effectively within the changing healthcare system, by providing a high quality of care as critical thinkers and life-long learners. Global Health College offers various nursing programs including Associate Degree in Applied Science of Nursing (ADN), Practical Nursing (PN), and Nurse's Aid (CNA)
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Global Health College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||361 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||137 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||224 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,371 students | 4.30 Mi6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church,  VA  22042
- 51,487 students | 5.60 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
- 428 students | 6.70 Mi8300 Merrifield Ave 3F
Fairfax,  VA  22031
- 2,849 students | 7.70 Mi7777 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church,  VA  22043
- 78 students | 15.60 Mi10500 georgia ave
Silver Spring,  MD  20902
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.