Global Health College (Closed 2017)
- The mission of Global Health Nurse Training Services (GHNTS) is to prepare healthcare providers who are able to function effectively within the changing healthcare system, by providing a high quality of care as critical thinkers and life-long learners. Global Health College offers various nursing programs including Associate Degree in Applied Science of Nursing (ADN), Practical Nursing (PN), and Nurse's Aid (CNA)
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Global Health College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||361 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||137 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||224 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,371 students | 7.00 Mi6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church,  VA  22042
- 51,487 students | 10.50 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
- 428 students | 11.10 Mi8300 Merrifield Ave 3F
Fairfax,  VA  22031
- 2,849 students | 11.50 Mi7777 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church,  VA  22043
- 13,678 students | 13.30 Mi301 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro,  MD  20774
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.