Gallipolis Career College (Closed 2017)
- In life's competitive field of action, it is most important that we are well prepared with basic and practical skills, techniques, and knowledge which will always insure our future, provide us with employment, enable us to rise with confidence and dignity to desirable social and economic levels, and give us solid security. Career college training provides these advantages. Gallipolis Career College's emphasis is on keeping pace with new knowledge and technologies that are being brought into our overall business and educational areas.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gallipolis Career College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||96 students||734 students|
|# Full-Time Students||48 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||284 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$17,000||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college was founded in 1962 under the name of Gallipolis Business College. Originally located on State Street in Gallipolis, the college was moved to 36 Locust Street in 1964. In 1978, it was moved to the Spring Valley Plaza, 1176 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis. In 1984, the college changed its name to Southeastern Business College. In January, 1990, Southeastern Business College was purchased by the Shirey Corporation. The college changed its name to Gallipolis Career College in October 1998. The Shirey Corporation is locally owned by Robert and Jeanette Shirey. At GCC, you will find an atmosphere conducive to learning. Our average student to teacher ratio is a low 11:1. That means individualized attention is available to all students. We also offer free tutoring to our students to ensure each one is able to reach his or her full potential. At Gallipolis Career College, we are dedicated to providing the most technologically advanced computer labs in the area. We are constantly surveying local businesses to find what skills we need to provide to produce the best employees possible. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas and associate degrees and licensed by the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to grant Associate Degrees.
- The nearest community college to Gallipolis Career College is Mountwest Community and Technical College (30.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,026 students | 30.40 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 648 students | 30.90 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 2,018 students | 31.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 3,345 students | 33.40 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 59 students | 33.60 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.