Fountainhead College of Technology
Fountainhead College of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fountainhead College of Technology||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||123 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||123 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||262 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,400||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, Fountainhead College of Technology provides training for men and women desiring career positions in technology. Fountainhead College of Technology offers 8 degree programs - all designed to prepare students with the training, hands-on skills, professional orientation and confidence needed to build a successful career.Fountainhead College of Technology is designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information (Cybersecurity) Assurance Education by the US Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency. This prestigious designation recognizes Fountainhead’s Network Security & Forensics (NSF) bachelor’s degree program as one of the best in the nation. We are the only college in Tennessee that offers all six national certifications offered by the CAEIAE. Fountainhead College is one of only 7 Centers of Academic Excellence nationwide that grant all six certifications that meet standards from the NSA Committee on National Security Systems.Fountainhead College of Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- The nearest community college to Fountainhead College of Technology is South College (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,241 students | 7.70 Mi3904 Lonas Road
Knoxville,  TN  37909
- 10,099 students | 14.90 Mi10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville,  TN  37933
- 5,947 students | 38.90 Mi500 South Davy Crockett Parkway
Morristown,  TN  37813
- 6,094 students | 40.50 Mi276 Patton Lane
Harriman,  TN  37748
- 424 students | 41.00 Mi225 Hiwassee College Drive
Madisonville,  TN  37354
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.