Fountainhead College of Technology
Fountainhead College of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fountainhead College of Technology||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||123 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||123 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||262 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,400||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, Fountainhead College of Technology provides training for men and women desiring career positions in technology. Fountainhead College of Technology offers 8 degree programs - all designed to prepare students with the training, hands-on skills, professional orientation and confidence needed to build a successful career.Fountainhead College of Technology is designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information (Cybersecurity) Assurance Education by the US Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency. This prestigious designation recognizes Fountainhead’s Network Security & Forensics (NSF) bachelor’s degree program as one of the best in the nation. We are the only college in Tennessee that offers all six national certifications offered by the CAEIAE. Fountainhead College is one of only 7 Centers of Academic Excellence nationwide that grant all six certifications that meet standards from the NSA Committee on National Security Systems.Fountainhead College of Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- The nearest community college to Fountainhead College of Technology is South College (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,241 students | 7.70 Mi3904 Lonas Road
Knoxville,  TN  37909
- 10,099 students | 14.90 Mi10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville,  TN  37933
- 6,144 students | 38.90 Mi500 South Davy Crockett Parkway
Morristown,  TN  37813
- 6,094 students | 40.50 Mi276 Patton Lane
Harriman,  TN  37748
- 424 students | 41.00 Mi225 Hiwassee College Drive
Madisonville,  TN  37354
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.