Florida Career College-Clearwater (Closed 2014)
- Florida Career College's (FCC) mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities. Our objectives are to offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements; create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals; generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods. Because FCC is more than just a college. It is a way of life, a mind set, an understanding that you can do more, achieve more and go farther in your life with proper training, support and hard work. At FCC we understand that not everyone was a star student in high school. We understand that starting college, especially if you have been away from school for a while, may have challenges that require additional support on our side. We know this. We are experienced in working with students who come to us with all levels of academic experience and we help them strive for excellence.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 52% over five years.
|Florida Career College-Clearwater||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||55 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||69%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,990||$9,617|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,477||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Clearwater is St Petersburg College (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 29,183 students | 4.30 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 341-4772 4.3029,183
- 207 students | 4.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 531-5900 4.80207
- 1,303 students | 7.80 Mi10200 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
(727) 577-1497 7.801,303
- 958 students | 13.00 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa, FL 33614
(888) 247-4238 13.00958
- 222 students | 14.00 Mi3319 W Hillsborough Ave
Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 879-6000 14.00222
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.