Florida Career College-Clearwater (Closed 2014)
- Florida Career College's (FCC) mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities. Our objectives are to offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements; create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals; generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods. Because FCC is more than just a college. It is a way of life, a mind set, an understanding that you can do more, achieve more and go farther in your life with proper training, support and hard work. At FCC we understand that not everyone was a star student in high school. We understand that starting college, especially if you have been away from school for a while, may have challenges that require additional support on our side. We know this. We are experienced in working with students who come to us with all levels of academic experience and we help them strive for excellence.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 52% over five years.
|Florida Career College-Clearwater||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||37 staff|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,100||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||69%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,990||$9,617|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$5,477||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Clearwater is St Petersburg College (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 32,681 students | 4.20 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL  33760
- 439 students | 4.40 Mi1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL  33770
- 207 students | 4.70 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL  33771
- 862 students | 7.60 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
- 958 students | 13.20 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa,  FL  33614
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.