Florida Career College-Clearwater (Closed 2014)
- Florida Career College's (FCC) mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities. Our objectives are to offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements; create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals; generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods. Because FCC is more than just a college. It is a way of life, a mind set, an understanding that you can do more, achieve more and go farther in your life with proper training, support and hard work. At FCC we understand that not everyone was a star student in high school. We understand that starting college, especially if you have been away from school for a while, may have challenges that require additional support on our side. We know this. We are experienced in working with students who come to us with all levels of academic experience and we help them strive for excellence.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 52% over five years.
|Florida Career College-Clearwater||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||37 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||69%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,990||$9,617|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,477||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Clearwater is St Petersburg College (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 32,681 students | 4.30 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL  33760
(727) 341-4772 4.3032,681
- 439 students | 4.70 Mi1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL  33770
(727) 725-2688 4.70439
- 207 students | 4.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL  33771
(727) 531-5900 4.80207
- 862 students | 7.80 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
(727) 577-1497 7.80862
- 958 students | 13.00 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa,  FL  33614
(888) 247-4238 13.00958
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!