Florida Career College-Clearwater (Closed 2014)
- Florida Career College's (FCC) mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities. Our objectives are to offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements; create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals; generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods. Because FCC is more than just a college. It is a way of life, a mind set, an understanding that you can do more, achieve more and go farther in your life with proper training, support and hard work. At FCC we understand that not everyone was a star student in high school. We understand that starting college, especially if you have been away from school for a while, may have challenges that require additional support on our side. We know this. We are experienced in working with students who come to us with all levels of academic experience and we help them strive for excellence.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 52% over five years.
|Florida Career College-Clearwater||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||37 staff|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,100||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||69%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,990||$9,617|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$5,477||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Clearwater is St Petersburg College (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 32,681 students | 4.30 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL  33760
- 439 students | 4.70 Mi1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL  33770
- 207 students | 4.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL  33771
- 862 students | 7.80 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
- 958 students | 13.00 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa,  FL  33614
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.