Florida Career College-Clearwater (Closed 2014)
- Florida Career College's (FCC) mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities. Our objectives are to offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements; create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals; generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods. Because FCC is more than just a college. It is a way of life, a mind set, an understanding that you can do more, achieve more and go farther in your life with proper training, support and hard work. At FCC we understand that not everyone was a star student in high school. We understand that starting college, especially if you have been away from school for a while, may have challenges that require additional support on our side. We know this. We are experienced in working with students who come to us with all levels of academic experience and we help them strive for excellence.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 52% over five years.
|Florida Career College-Clearwater||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||37 staff|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,100||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||69%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$9,990||$9,617|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$5,477||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Clearwater is St Petersburg College (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 32,681 students | 4.20 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL  33760
- 439 students | 4.40 Mi1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL  33770
- 207 students | 4.70 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL  33771
- 862 students | 7.60 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
- 958 students | 13.20 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa,  FL  33614
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.