Top Pinellas County Community Colleges
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 top community colleges in Pinellas County, Florida, serving 34,189 students.
- The average community college acceptance rate in Florida is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), and the student:teacher ratio is 36:1.
Top Pinellas County Community Colleges (2020)
- College Location Students
- 1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL 33770
- 6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL 33771
- 11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL 33716
- 6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL 33760
Learn about the growing trend amongst four-year universities to recruit from community college campuses. Enjoy an academic head start and a competitive edge against other applicants by starting first at community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.