FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (415) 675-5200
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Sa focused curriculum integrates creative and leadership skills to develop graduates for the global industries of Fashion, Visual Arts, Interior Design, and Entertainment. Combined with these skills, FIDM graduates value ethical choices, demonstrate an awareness of cultural diversity, communicate effectively, think critically, and possess the knowledge of technology essential to their professions.
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||134 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 442 students | 1.50 Mi350 Rhode Island Street
San Francisco,  CA  94103
(415) 216-4416 1.50442
- 27,008 students | 5.00 Mi50 Phelan Ave
San Francisco,  CA  94112
(415) 239-3000 5.0027,008
- 6,389 students | 6.90 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
(510) 522-7221 6.906,389
- 10,404 students | 8.00 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
(510) 834-5740 8.0010,404
- 6,053 students | 9.50 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
(510) 981-2800 9.506,053
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.