FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (619) 235-2049
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Sa (FIDM) is a specialized, private college dedicated to educating students for the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design, and Entertainment Industries. It’s a place where creativity and careers merge. We’re hands-on and industry focused. We’re small enough to know our students’ names, but big enough to have the industry contacts and resources to help them meet their goals. FIDM is an internationally recognized force in the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design and Entertainment Industries. Whether creating strong industry partnerships with companies who mentor students inside and outside the classroom or cultivating relationships with top brands, our goal is to create incredible career opportunities for our students and graduates.
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||134 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego is San Diego City College (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,066 students | 0.70 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego,  CA  92101
(619) 388-3400 0.7015,066
- 664 students | 3.10 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
(619) 688-0800 3.10664
- n/a students | 3.60 Mi404 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
(619) 683-3273 3.60n/a
- 2,000 students | 3.90 Mi2488 Historic Decatur Rd, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  09210
(866) 776-0331 3.902,000
- 438 students | 4.60 Mi1615 Murray Canyon Road, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
(619) 321-3000 4.60438
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.