FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (619) 235-2049
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Sa (FIDM) is a specialized, private college dedicated to educating students for the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design, and Entertainment Industries. It’s a place where creativity and careers merge. We’re hands-on and industry focused. We’re small enough to know our students’ names, but big enough to have the industry contacts and resources to help them meet their goals. FIDM is an internationally recognized force in the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design and Entertainment Industries. Whether creating strong industry partnerships with companies who mentor students inside and outside the classroom or cultivating relationships with top brands, our goal is to create incredible career opportunities for our students and graduates.
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 125% over five years.
|FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Other Fields||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||308 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego is San Diego City College (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,056 students | 0.70 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 388-3400 0.7014,056
- 733 students | 3.10 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92113
(619) 688-0800 3.10733
- n/a students | 3.60 Mi404 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 683-3273 3.60n/a
- 2,000 students | 3.90 Mi2488 Historic Decatur Rd, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 09210
(866) 776-0331 3.902,000
- n/a students | 5.10 Mi3375 Camino del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 388-6500 5.10n/a
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.