- ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees and diplomas
ECPI University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|ECPI University||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||11,735 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||11,030 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||618 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,900||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Programs offered at Richmond, VA campus are Computer Electronics Engineering Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, IT/Computer Programming, IT/Web Design, Management Information Systems, Wireless Communications, Business Administration and Criminal Justice Technology. ECPI programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. ECPI faculty are qualified with years of experience in related fields of specialization, academic achievement, and professional development. Ecpi Technical College is accredited and approved by the Career College Association, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10 students | 0.00 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 167 students | 2.10 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 626 students | 3.60 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 205 students | 7.30 Mi751 WEST HUNDRED ROAD
Chester,  VA  23836
- 491 students | 7.50 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.