- ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees and diplomas
ECPI University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|ECPI University||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||11,735 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||11,030 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||618 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,900||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Programs offered at Richmond, VA campus are Computer Electronics Engineering Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, IT/Computer Programming, IT/Web Design, Management Information Systems, Wireless Communications, Business Administration and Criminal Justice Technology. ECPI programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. ECPI faculty are qualified with years of experience in related fields of specialization, academic achievement, and professional development. Ecpi Technical College is accredited and approved by the Career College Association, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10 students | 0.00 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 167 students | 2.10 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 626 students | 3.50 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 491 students | 7.60 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
- 11,861 students | 11.10 Mi1651 E Parham Road
Henrico,  VA  23228
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.