Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach
- Bryant & Stratton was founded 150 years ago to provide practical workplace education. The requirements of the workplace have continuously evolved since our founding and, as we transition from the industrial to the information age, the evolution has accelerated. Keeping abreast of these contemporary needs requires the college to continuously revise and enhance curriculum, modify outcomes, and embrace or develop new teaching and learning methodologies.
Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach serves 1,515 students (61% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 48%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,515 students
- Private-state tuition: $16,445
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 71%
- Source: Verified school update
Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
The teacher population of 228 teachers has grown by 590% over five years.
Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach
(VA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach has grown by 213% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach diversity score of 0.59 is less than the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $16,445 is more than the state average of $15,561. The private state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- For well over a century, Bryant & Stratton's fundamental mission has been to provide individuals with skills that are immediately transferable to the workplace and to help them develop in their careers. From Dr. J. C. Bryant's Business Practice "learning lab" of the 1850's to the Active Learning of today, and from early correspondence courses conducted via mail to online education and training conducted via the Internet, Bryant & Stratton has evolved into an educational institution poised for the 21st century, committed to the same principles set forth by its founders. Bryant & Stratton College's 15 degree programs provide you with cutting edge skills as well as real-world experience, giving you a decided advantage in fields with exciting futures. Through accelerated degree programs and flexible schedules, including day, evening, weekend or online courses, Bryant & Stratton College can get you into the workforce faster – a career-focused approach that has helped 90% of recent Bryant & Stratton College graduates find placement within their chosen fields. With more than 150 years of teaching experience, Bryant & Stratton offers a variety of Bachelors and Associate degrees at 15 different campus locations. Degrees offered at Virginia Beach Campus includes Accounting, Administrative Assistant, BA - General Management, BA - Information Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Human Resources Specialist, Information Technology, Medical Assisting and Paralegal Studies.Bryant & Stratton College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000) The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The Virginia campuses are certified by SCHEV.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach cost?
Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach's private state tuition is approximately $16,445.
What schools are Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach often compared to?
Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beachis often viewed alongside schools like ECPI University by visitors of our site.
What is Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach's ranking?
Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach ranks among the top 20% of community college in Virginia for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.