- The mission of Dutchess Community College is to provide open access to affordable, quality post-secondary education to citizens of Dutchess County and others. As a comprehensive community college, DCC offers college transfer and occupational/technical degree programs, certificate programs, lifelong learning opportunities, and service to the community. The College provides educational experiences that enable qualified students to expand their academic capabilities and further develop thinking and decision making skills. By providing a full collegiate experience, the College seeks to ensure that all students achieve their individual potential.
- Enrollment: 8,034 students
- In-state tuition: $3,635
- Out-state tuition: $6,835
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1957, DCC has the lowest tuition of any college or university in the state. The college offers Associate's degrees and Certificates in over 60 academic areas of study. Our curriculums include career-oriented programs as well as those designed for successful transfer to a four-year college or university. Dutchess Community College is situated on a 130-acre hilltop campus with fantastic scenery and a park-like setting. Graced with lovely buildings and facilities, the campus is also enhanced by beautiful landscaping and a broad array of sculptures and other art. On fair-weather days, many of the College's 8,000 students can be seen strolling along the walkways or studying in one of the many attractive outdoor settings. Class sizes at Dutchess are small, with the average class size being less than 20 students. Dutchess was the first college in the state to offer a comprehensive jointly-registered transfer program in teacher education (with SUNY New Paltz), covering birth through twelfth grade. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.