Dutchess Community College
Dutchess Community College Photo #4 - DCC keeps up with the changing technology so our students will be prepared to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year school with the most up-to-date skills.
- The mission of Dutchess Community College is to provide open access to affordable, quality post-secondary education to citizens of Dutchess County and others. As a comprehensive community college, DCC offers college transfer and occupational/technical degree programs, certificate programs, lifelong learning opportunities, and service to the community. The College provides educational experiences that enable qualified students to expand their academic capabilities and further develop thinking and decision making skills. By providing a full collegiate experience, the College seeks to ensure that all students achieve their individual potential.
- The teacher population of 285 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dutchess Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||285 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,905 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,666 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,239 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,700||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1957, DCC has the lowest tuition of any college or university in the state. The college offers Associate's degrees and Certificates in over 60 academic areas of study. Our curriculums include career-oriented programs as well as those designed for successful transfer to a four-year college or university. Dutchess Community College is situated on a 130-acre hilltop campus with fantastic scenery and a park-like setting. Graced with lovely buildings and facilities, the campus is also enhanced by beautiful landscaping and a broad array of sculptures and other art. On fair-weather days, many of the College's 8,000 students can be seen strolling along the walkways or studying in one of the many attractive outdoor settings. Class sizes at Dutchess are small, with the average class size being less than 20 students. Dutchess was the first college in the state to offer a comprehensive jointly-registered transfer program in teacher education (with SUNY New Paltz), covering birth through twelfth grade. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Dutchess Community College is Ulster County Community College (14.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,594 students | 14.60 Mi491 Cottekill Rd
Stone Ridge,  NY  12484
- 6,754 students | 33.20 Mi115 South St
Middletown,  NY  10940
- 2,047 students | 33.60 Mi4400 Route 23
Hudson,  NY  12534
- 1,558 students | 39.30 Mi112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake,  NY  12759
- 7,520 students | 41.80 Mi145 College Rd
Suffern,  NY  10901
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.