Dutchess Community College
Tel: (845) 431-8000
Dutchess Community College Photo #2 - Bowne Hall was the only pre-existing building when the college began in 1957.
- The mission of Dutchess Community College is to provide open access to affordable, quality post-secondary education to citizens of Dutchess County and others. As a comprehensive community college, DCC offers college transfer and occupational/technical degree programs, certificate programs, lifelong learning opportunities, and service to the community. The College provides educational experiences that enable qualified students to expand their academic capabilities and further develop thinking and decision making skills. By providing a full collegiate experience, the College seeks to ensure that all students achieve their individual potential.
The teacher population of 285 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dutchess Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||285 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1957, DCC has the lowest tuition of any college or university in the state. The college offers Associate's degrees and Certificates in over 60 academic areas of study. Our curriculums include career-oriented programs as well as those designed for successful transfer to a four-year college or university. Dutchess Community College is situated on a 130-acre hilltop campus with fantastic scenery and a park-like setting. Graced with lovely buildings and facilities, the campus is also enhanced by beautiful landscaping and a broad array of sculptures and other art. On fair-weather days, many of the College's 8,000 students can be seen strolling along the walkways or studying in one of the many attractive outdoor settings. Class sizes at Dutchess are small, with the average class size being less than 20 students. Dutchess was the first college in the state to offer a comprehensive jointly-registered transfer program in teacher education (with SUNY New Paltz), covering birth through twelfth grade. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
The nearest community college to Dutchess Community College is Ulster County Community College (14.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,554 students | 14.60 Mi491 Cottekill Rd
Stone Ridge,  NY  12484
(845) 687-5000 14.603,554
- 6,617 students | 33.20 Mi115 South St
Middletown,  NY  10940
(845) 344-6222 33.206,617
- 1,584 students | 34.60 Mi4400 Route 23
Hudson,  NY  12534
(518) 828-4181 34.601,584
- 1,534 students | 39.30 Mi112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake,  NY  12759
(845) 434-5750 39.301,534
- 6,859 students | 41.70 Mi145 College Rd
Suffern,  NY  10901
(845) 574-4000 41.706,859
Learn about the strategies you can take to guarantee your admission to a state university once you have completed community college in states like Hawaii, Virginia, California, and New Hampshire.
Learn how President Obama, who is considered the "Community College President," has rightly earned his title based upon his proposed funding and support for community colleges throughout the country.
Learn about the innovative programs, curriculum, and parades that community colleges are creating to prevent drunk driving on campus.