Dutchess Community College Photo #2 - Bowne Hall was the only pre-existing building when the college began in 1957.
- The mission of Dutchess Community College is to provide open access to affordable, quality post-secondary education to citizens of Dutchess County and others. As a comprehensive community college, DCC offers college transfer and occupational/technical degree programs, certificate programs, lifelong learning opportunities, and service to the community. The College provides educational experiences that enable qualified students to expand their academic capabilities and further develop thinking and decision making skills. By providing a full collegiate experience, the College seeks to ensure that all students achieve their individual potential.
Dutchess Community College serves 8,034 students (38% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 8,034 students
- In-state tuition: $3,635
- Out-state tuition: $6,835
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Dutchess Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 503 teachers has grown by 76% over five years.
Dutchess Community College
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Dutchess Community College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Dutchess Community College diversity score of 0.58 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,635 is less than the state average of $5,507. The in-state tuition has declined by 14% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,835 is less than the state average of $10,195. The out-state tuition has declined by 13% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Founded in 1957, DCC has the lowest tuition of any college or university in the state. The college offers Associate's degrees and Certificates in over 60 academic areas of study. Our curriculums include career-oriented programs as well as those designed for successful transfer to a four-year college or university. Dutchess Community College is situated on a 130-acre hilltop campus with fantastic scenery and a park-like setting. Graced with lovely buildings and facilities, the campus is also enhanced by beautiful landscaping and a broad array of sculptures and other art. On fair-weather days, many of the College's 8,000 students can be seen strolling along the walkways or studying in one of the many attractive outdoor settings. Class sizes at Dutchess are small, with the average class size being less than 20 students. Dutchess was the first college in the state to offer a comprehensive jointly-registered transfer program in teacher education (with SUNY New Paltz), covering birth through twelfth grade. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Dutchess Community College cost?
Dutchess Community College's tuition is approximately $3,635 for In-State students and $6,835 for Out-State students.
What is Dutchess Community College's ranking?
Dutchess Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Least expensive tuition, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.