Concordia College Alabama
- Concordia College-Selma is one of the ten Colleges and Universities of the Concordia University System (CUS) in the United States and Canada. Our beloved College is a comprehensive place that offers students the opportunity to obtain an excellent education in the vibrant and supportive historical community of Selma, Alabama. The heart of Concordia College-Selma’s success resides in our dedicated faculty, vigorous student body, and outstanding staff members. Our campus is one of a wide range of experiences, cultures, and opportunities. By the grace of God, during this academic year we will continue our many efforts to make the College’s educational, research and athletics programs ever stronger and more meaningful.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Concordia College Alabama||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||546 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||512 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||34 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||350||128|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,700||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Concordia College Alabama is George C Wallace State Community College-Selma (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,761 students | 0.90 Mi3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
Selma,  AL  36703
- 439 students | 22.30 Mi1101 Washington St
Marion,  AL  36756
- 1,338 students | 39.70 Mi1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery,  AL  36108
- 315 students | 44.80 Mi3736 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery,  AL  36109
- 943 students | 45.80 Mi3920 troy hwy
Montgomery,  AL  36116
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.