Tel: (209) 588-5100
- Consistent with the mission of the California Community Colleges and the Yosemite Community College District, Columbia College is committed to offering a comprehensive range of transfer, vocational, cultural, and community education, and to facilitating community and economic development. The College provides educational programs and support services to assist students and the broader community in gaining access to higher education and achieving success in their chosen endeavors.
The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Columbia College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on 280 acres of forestland in California's historic Mother Lode, our college campus surrounds a peaceful 4½ acre lake and has been described as one of the state's most beautiful community colleges. The College actively promotes transformational learning through critical and creative thinking that is open to change and personal growth; civic, environmental, and global awareness and engagement; and individual and collective responsibility. At the heart of our mission is a desire to develop a zest for lifelong learning throughout the community, with the College serving as its educational and cultural center. Columbia College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Career Center, located within the Manzanita Building adjacent to the Counseling area, offers materials and services to assist students with career information. The Center maintains a variety of resources including occupational publications, newsletters, college catalogs, and Eureka, a computerized vocational/educational information system. The Columbia College professional counseling staff provide essential academic advising, career counseling and life planning activities to continuing, new and returning students in order to enhance each students educational experience at Columbia.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 17,908 students | 43.10 Mi435 College Ave
Modesto,  CA  95350
(209) 575-6550 43.1017,908
- n/a students | 44.40 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida,  CA  95368
(209) 543-8800 44.40n/a
- 10,995 students | 48.10 Mi3600 M St
Merced,  CA  95348
(209) 384-6000 48.1010,995
- 809 students | 51.00 Mi6650 Inglewood Ave
Stockton,  CA  95207
(209) 478-0800 51.00809
- 18,209 students | 51.20 Mi5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton,  CA  95207
(209) 954-5151 51.2018,209
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.