Tel: (209) 588-5100
- Consistent with the mission of the California Community Colleges and the Yosemite Community College District, Columbia College is committed to offering a comprehensive range of transfer, vocational, cultural, and community education, and to facilitating community and economic development. The College provides educational programs and support services to assist students and the broader community in gaining access to higher education and achieving success in their chosen endeavors.
The teacher population of 169 teachers has grown by 79% over five years.
|Columbia College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||308 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on 280 acres of forestland in California's historic Mother Lode, our college campus surrounds a peaceful 4½ acre lake and has been described as one of the state's most beautiful community colleges. The College actively promotes transformational learning through critical and creative thinking that is open to change and personal growth; civic, environmental, and global awareness and engagement; and individual and collective responsibility. At the heart of our mission is a desire to develop a zest for lifelong learning throughout the community, with the College serving as its educational and cultural center. Columbia College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Career Center, located within the Manzanita Building adjacent to the Counseling area, offers materials and services to assist students with career information. The Center maintains a variety of resources including occupational publications, newsletters, college catalogs, and Eureka, a computerized vocational/educational information system. The Columbia College professional counseling staff provide essential academic advising, career counseling and life planning activities to continuing, new and returning students in order to enhance each students educational experience at Columbia.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 18,068 students | 43.10 Mi435 College Ave
Modesto, CA 95350
(209) 575-6550 43.1018,068
- 257 students | 44.40 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida, CA 95368
(209) 543-8800 44.40257
- 11,173 students | 48.10 Mi3600 M St
Merced, CA 95348
(209) 384-6000 48.1011,173
- 486 students | 51.00 Mi6650 Inglewood Ave
Stockton, CA 95207
(209) 478-0800 51.00486
- 18,533 students | 51.20 Mi5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95207
(209) 954-5151 51.2018,533
You've graduated from community college - now what? Keep reading to learn what to do after you've finished college.
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.