- Students are our focus at Merced College. We set high standards to encourage students to reach their potential in a nurturing environment. Merced College is a leader in innovative instruction and cultural activities. We value and respect all members of our community and diversity is a strength of our institution. We are known by the success of our students.
Merced College serves 10,645 students (41% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 10,645 students
- In-state tuition: $1,138
- Out-state tuition: $5,890
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 81%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Merced College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 618 teachers has grown by 120% over five years.
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Merced College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five years.
The Merced College diversity score of 0.61 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,138 is less than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,890 is less than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Merced College was founded in 1962 and offers students the opportunity to obtain an associate degree, or to transfer academic credits to California State universities or the University of California. The College offers vocational certificates in various programs. Merced College serves all students who live in the college district. The Merced Community College District is composed of most of Merced County, the area of the Chowchilla Union High School District in Madera County, and the Dos Palos Joint Elementary School District. The Governing Board is made up of seven elected members. Merced College is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and is approved by the State Department of Education to train veterans under provisions of the G.I. Bill of Rights, and by the United States Immigration Service. The college offers a lower division program consisting of courses paralleling those of four-year colleges and universities, the credits for which are transferable to all other accredited colleges and universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Merced College cost?
Merced College's tuition is approximately $1,138 for In-State students and $5,890 for Out-State students.
What is Merced College's ranking?
Merced College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Least expensive tuition.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.