- Colorado Northwestern is one college in two Colorado communities. Depending on what you want to study, CNCC has the perfect surroundings and facilities to meet your needs. Founded in 1962 as "Rangely College," CNCC now serves nearly 1,000 students on two campuses, two service centers and online. Our two main campuses in Craig and Rangely are 90 miles apart in the mountains and canyons of Northwestern Colorado, with two service centers located in Meeker and Oak Creek. Outdoor Adventures We serve a diverse student population, ranging from traditional college students right out of high school, to a diverse population of adults who are seeking to advance their careers, or perhaps pursue a second one. The programs we offer are as diverse as our students. We offer world-class Arts & Science Degree programs that feature guaranteed transfer to Colorado four-year institutions. We also offer a rich array of Career and Technical programs designed to give students the training they need to get to work now. The Gates of Lodore, a canyon on the Green River, in northwestern Colorado. Perhaps one the the most attractive things about CNCC is that we are centered in one of the richest recreational and scenic areas in Colorado. It`s Colorado like you`ve never seen it before, with deep, high mountain canyons; impossibly wide vistas; wild, untamed rivers; and solitude that inspires.
- Enrollment: 993 students
- In-state tuition: $5,997
- Out-state tuition: $6,991
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 25%
- Source: Verified school update
Colorado Northwestern Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Colorado Northwestern Community College (CNCC) is a publicly supported two-year institution that was established in 1960. The main campus at Rangely, was opened in 1962 as Rangely College to a freshman class composed of 82 students. Originally, the College was a branch of Mesa College in Grand Junction, Colorado, but the two were separated in 1970. In July of 1974, Rangely College officially became Colorado Northwestern Community College. Colorado Northwestern Community College has been your education partner since 1962. With campuses in Rangely and Craig, community education centers in Meeker and South Routt County, as well as increasing opportunities for distance and technology-assisted learning, Colorado Northwestern Community College continues to be your best educational choice for affordable, high-quality learning options. CNCC has many clubs and activities for our students including outdoor recreational activities from whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, rock climbing and expedition camping to our on-campus challenge course andclimbing gym. In addition, you will find a variety of collegiate athletics. We have outstanding occupational and transfer programs, excellent faculty with a personalized touch, and many outdoor recreational opportunities offered in a open-door atmosphere, with affordable prices, and at five different locations in Northwestern Colorado. Colorado Northwestern Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.