- The Redwoods Community College District has a commitment both to our students and to our community. We are committed to maximizing the success of each student with the expectation that each student will meet her or his educational goal, achieve appropriate learning outcomes in his/her courses and programs, and develop an appreciation for life-long learning. In partnership with other local agencies, we are also committed to enriching the economic vitality of the community whom we serve.
- Enrollment: 3,891 students
- In-state tuition: $1,182
- Out-state tuition: $6,846
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The main campus for the College of the Redwoods is located just south of the city of Eureka. Classes began in the permanent site in September, 1967. At this location, more than 1,000 classes are offered per semester, serving approximately 5,000 full and part-time students. In addition to the main campus, College of the Redwoods has a strong commitment to serve the residents of the district by providing campuses in Crescent City and Fort Bragg and Branch campus locations in the Klamath-Trinity and Southern Humboldt areas. Designated lower-division, baccalaureate-level courses at the College of the Redwoods are approved for transfer to all branches of the University of California (UC) and to all of the California State Universities (CSU). College of the Redwoods is approved for the education of veterans under the provisions of public law. The College is an institutional member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Community League of California. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges has granted full accreditation to the College of the Redwoods since its inception. It is certified for participation in all federally sponsored educational programs.