- At City College, we are committed to your success and believe in your potential to grow academically, personally, and professionally. Education is the key to success. The Gainesville Branch Campus is located at our new building 7001 N.W. 4th Blvd. Gainesville, FL 32607. The classrooms and administrative offices are approx. 21,200 square feet in a single-story building. The physical plant is spacious, attractive, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. Parking is available to the students. Computer courses and keyboarding skills are taught on IBM Compatibles. In addition, the college teaches the use of transcribers, electronic ten-key calculators and other business machines. Students in the Medical Assisting and Phlebotomist Programs have laboratory training on-campus.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 200% over five years.
|City College-Gainesville||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||510 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||365 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||145 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races||-||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,055 students | 1.90 Mi3000 Northwest 83rd Street
Gainesville,  FL  32606
- 7,931 students | 37.10 Mi3001 SW College Rd
Ocala,  FL  34474
- 6,318 students | 38.30 Mi4755 Southwest 46th Court
Ocala,  FL  34474
- 2,912 students | 39.10 MiHighway 90 East
Lake City,  FL  32025
- 7,114 students | 44.20 Mi5001 Saint Johns Ave
Palatka,  FL  32177
Learn about new sustainability programs designed to educate students on green industries and how students can use those studies to build successful, “green” careers.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.