Tel: (352) 335-4000
- At City College, we are committed to your success and believe in your potential to grow academically, personally, and professionally. Education is the key to success. The Gainesville Branch Campus is located at our new building 7001 N.W. 4th Blvd. Gainesville, FL 32607. The classrooms and administrative offices are approx. 21,200 square feet in a single-story building. The physical plant is spacious, attractive, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. Parking is available to the students. Computer courses and keyboarding skills are taught on IBM Compatibles. In addition, the college teaches the use of transcribers, electronic ten-key calculators and other business machines. Students in the Medical Assisting and Phlebotomist Programs have laboratory training on-campus.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City College-Gainesville||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||510 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||365 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||145 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,055 students | 2.10 Mi3000 Northwest 83rd Street
Gainesville,  FL  32606
(352) 395-5000 2.1015,055
- 7,931 students | 37.00 Mi3001 SW College Rd
Ocala,  FL  34474
(352) 873-5800 37.007,931
- 6,318 students | 38.00 Mi4755 Southwest 46th Court
Ocala,  FL  34474
(352) 629-1941 38.006,318
- 2,912 students | 38.80 MiHighway 90 East
Lake City,  FL  32025
(386) 752-1822 38.802,912
- 7,114 students | 44.20 Mi5001 Saint Johns Ave
Palatka,  FL  32177
(386) 312-4200 44.207,114
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.