Career Training Academy-Monroeville
- Career Training Academy (CTA) is the best choice for individuals interested in professional career training and advancement. We are an institution of specialized learning that leads to fulfilling high-skilled careers. Our mission for Career Training Academy and its programs is to provide an educational environment that enhances learning and personal enrichment of all students. Our methods are both unique and traditional, in that we employ new techniques to learning, while providing a curriculum designed to meet career goals. Providing instructors who care with hands-on training in a career-oriented educational environment is our philosophy. We also believe that community service builds character and self-esteem, and we encourage each of our students to participate in various community service projects. CTA is dedicated to the education and advancement of an individual's career goals. The school holds a strong core belief to provide equal opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, or disability.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|Career Training Academy-Monroeville||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||8|
|Total Enrollment||115 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||115 students||354 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||61%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 7.80 Mi1500 Shoppes at Northway
Pittsburgh,  PA  15237
- 217 students | 8.20 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 120 students | 8.60 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
- 382 students | 10.50 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 114 students | 11.60 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.