Brown Mackie College-Cincinnati
Tel: (513) 771-2424
- Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate's degree, diploma, and certificate programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Cincinnati||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||40 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ?Cincinnati was formerly known as AEC Southern Ohio College ? Cincinnati, OH. The school has a long history of offering career education and training, going back to its establishment as a traditional business college in 1927. In 2003, American Education Centers, Inc. (AEC), owner of Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati, was acquired by Education Management Corporation (EDMC) of Pittsburgh, PA. Brown Mackie College now has 21 locations in nine states. EDMC, which has been in business for over 40 years, is one of the largest providers of private postsecondary education in North America, with an enrollment exceeding 58,000 students at 67 locations in the United States and Canada. Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well-being of the metropolitan area it serves. The College prepares students for entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers to help meet the economic needs of area communities. Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati is located at Ohio. The 57,000 square-foot building houses 45 multimedia classrooms with full audio/video features, including overhead projectors and DVD and VCR players for instructional materials. Instructors can access a computer terminal and Internet connection. The Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati facility includes a library, a recording studio, two fully functional medical labs, seven computer labs, and an electronics lab. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati is accredited to award associate's degrees, diplomas, and certificates by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Cincinnati is Fortis College-Cincinnati (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 393 students | 2.00 Mi11499 Chester Road Ste 200
Cincinnati,  OH  45246
(513) 771-2795 2.00393
- 277 students | 3.00 Mi225 Pictoria Drive, Suite 200
Springdale,  OH  45246
(513) 671-1920 3.00277
- 4,870 students | 3.40 Mi9555 Plainfield Rd
Blue Ash,  OH  45236
(513) 745-5600 3.404,870
- 127 students | 4.60 Mi6871 Steger Dr
Cincinnati,  OH  45237
(513) 761-1291 4.60127
- 574 students | 5.40 Mi100 E Business Way Ste 200
Cincinnati,  OH  45241
(513) 475-3600 5.40574
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.