Baker College of Allen Park
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. Allen Park is one of the most modern and technologically advanced campuses in the state. Most importantly, Allen Park is home to faculty, staff, and students who are totally committed to helping each other succeed. The mission of Baker College is to provide quality higher education and training which enable graduates to be successful throughout challenging and rewarding careers. Baker College offers highly effective academic programs which are accessible, market-driven, career-focused, and which lead to employment and career advancement for its students. Baker College, a leader among institutions of higher education in assuring career readiness and employment of its graduates, offers academic programs that emphasize employability and career advancement. To that end, the College will design and deliver timely academic programs that lead to careers for which employment opportunities exist; and include learning and work experiences within each program which reinforce collaboratively-developed student learning outcomes and which are tied to standards set, established, or validated by accrediting/approval bodies, advisory boards, employers, and/or industry.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Allen Park||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,372 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,530 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,842 students||1,914 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,528 students||1,591 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||4 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baker College of Allen Park is Henry Ford Community College (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,790 students | 3.80 Mi5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn,  MI  48128
- 16,310 students | 8.50 Mi801 W. Fort Street
Detroit,  MI  48226
- 289 students | 14.80 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
- 10,558 students | 15.40 Mi18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia,  MI  48152
- 22,914 students | 19.80 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren,  MI  48088
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.