Baker College of Allen Park
Tel: (313) 425-3700
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. Allen Park is one of the most modern and technologically advanced campuses in the state. Most importantly, Allen Park is home to faculty, staff, and students who are totally committed to helping each other succeed. The mission of Baker College is to provide quality higher education and training which enable graduates to be successful throughout challenging and rewarding careers. Baker College offers highly effective academic programs which are accessible, market-driven, career-focused, and which lead to employment and career advancement for its students. Baker College, a leader among institutions of higher education in assuring career readiness and employment of its graduates, offers academic programs that emphasize employability and career advancement. To that end, the College will design and deliver timely academic programs that lead to careers for which employment opportunities exist; and include learning and work experiences within each program which reinforce collaboratively-developed student learning outcomes and which are tied to standards set, established, or validated by accrediting/approval bodies, advisory boards, employers, and/or industry.
The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Allen Park||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Baker College of Allen Park is Henry Ford College (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,219 students | 4.10 Mi5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn, MI 48128
(313) 845-9600 4.1012,219
- 14,957 students | 9.00 Mi801 W. Fort Street
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 496-2600 9.0014,957
- 289 students | 15.20 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield, MI 48076
(248) 213-1610 15.20289
- 9,230 students | 15.50 Mi18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
(734) 462-4400 15.509,230
- 20,220 students | 20.80 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48088
(586) 445-7999 20.8020,220
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.