Arkansas State University-Mountain Home
Tel: (870) 508-6100
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home accomplishments have been very significant and meaningful. We recently celebrated ten years on our beautiful campus and look forward in September to dedicating our largest building and one that will be used by the entire community. The Vada Sheid Community Development Center's grand opening is scheduled for September 9 and the month will be filled with activities in the new facility. We are determined to continue to provide the highest quality of educational services to our students, businesses and the community in which we live and work. We know that as our growth continues, lives will continue to be changed through the opportunities that ASUMH provides. As we look back over ten years on our campus, and forward to the opening of the Vada Sheid Community Development Center, we hope you will celebrate with us this historic time in our lives, and in the lives of our students.
Arkansas State University-Mountain Home places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Mountain Home||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||58 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Mountain Home is Ozarka College (32.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,326 students | 32.70 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
(870) 368-7371 32.701,326
- 2,157 students | 39.80 Mi1515 Pioneer Dr
Harrison,  AR  72601
(870) 743-3000 39.802,157
- 2,123 students | 40.80 Mi128 Garfield Avenue
West Plains,  MO  65775
(417) 255-7255 40.802,123
- 1,315 students | 56.10 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
(870) 612-2000 56.101,315
- 125 students | 71.70 Mi6915 S Hwy 63
Houston,  MO  65483
(417) 967-5466 71.70125
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!