Arkansas State University-Mountain Home
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home accomplishments have been very significant and meaningful. We recently celebrated ten years on our beautiful campus and look forward in September to dedicating our largest building and one that will be used by the entire community. The Vada Sheid Community Development Center's grand opening is scheduled for September 9 and the month will be filled with activities in the new facility. We are determined to continue to provide the highest quality of educational services to our students, businesses and the community in which we live and work. We know that as our growth continues, lives will continue to be changed through the opportunities that ASUMH provides. As we look back over ten years on our campus, and forward to the opening of the Vada Sheid Community Development Center, we hope you will celebrate with us this historic time in our lives, and in the lives of our students.
Arkansas State University-Mountain Home places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Mountain Home||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||58 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,393 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||817 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||576 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Mountain Home is Ozarka College (32.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,326 students | 32.70 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
- 2,157 students | 40.00 Mi1515 Pioneer Dr
Harrison,  AR  72601
- 2,123 students | 40.50 Mi128 Garfield Avenue
West Plains,  MO  65775
- 1,315 students | 56.20 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
- 125 students | 71.40 Mi6915 S Hwy 63
Houston,  MO  65483
We report on the latest developments at City College of San Francisco that have resulted in the school’s loss of accreditation and impending shut-down.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.