Arkansas State University-Mountain Home
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home accomplishments have been very significant and meaningful. We recently celebrated ten years on our beautiful campus and look forward in September to dedicating our largest building and one that will be used by the entire community. The Vada Sheid Community Development Center's grand opening is scheduled for September 9 and the month will be filled with activities in the new facility. We are determined to continue to provide the highest quality of educational services to our students, businesses and the community in which we live and work. We know that as our growth continues, lives will continue to be changed through the opportunities that ASUMH provides. As we look back over ten years on our campus, and forward to the opening of the Vada Sheid Community Development Center, we hope you will celebrate with us this historic time in our lives, and in the lives of our students.
Arkansas State University-Mountain Home places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Mountain Home||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||58 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,393 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||817 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||576 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Mountain Home is Ozarka College (32.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,326 students | 32.70 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
- 2,157 students | 40.00 Mi1515 Pioneer Dr
Harrison,  AR  72601
- 2,123 students | 40.50 Mi128 Garfield Avenue
West Plains,  MO  65775
- 1,315 students | 56.20 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
- 125 students | 71.40 Mi6915 S Hwy 63
Houston,  MO  65483
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.