Arkansas State University-Mountain Home
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (870) 508-6100
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home accomplishments have been very significant and meaningful. We recently celebrated ten years on our beautiful campus and look forward in September to dedicating our largest building and one that will be used by the entire community. The Vada Sheid Community Development Center's grand opening is scheduled for September 9 and the month will be filled with activities in the new facility. We are determined to continue to provide the highest quality of educational services to our students, businesses and the community in which we live and work. We know that as our growth continues, lives will continue to be changed through the opportunities that ASUMH provides. As we look back over ten years on our campus, and forward to the opening of the Vada Sheid Community Development Center, we hope you will celebrate with us this historic time in our lives, and in the lives of our students.
Arkansas State University-Mountain Home ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Mountain Home||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||58 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Mountain Home is Ozarka College (32.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,123 students | 32.70 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne, AR 72556
(870) 368-7371 32.701,123
- 2,157 students | 39.80 Mi1515 Pioneer Dr
Harrison, AR 72601
(870) 743-3000 39.802,157
- 1,869 students | 40.80 Mi128 Garfield Avenue
West Plains, MO 65775
(417) 255-7255 40.801,869
- 1,319 students | 56.10 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville, AR 72503
(870) 612-2000 56.101,319
- 63 students | 71.70 Mi6915 S Hwy 63
Houston, MO 65483
(417) 967-5466 71.7063
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.
Going to college is a big deal and so is choosing the right one. Keep reading to learn the top 10 questions to ask yourself before attending college and the best questions to help you make the right choice.