American School of Business
- The mission of American School of Business is dedicated to preparing its student to successfully participate in todays world of work in the medical and business industry through education and training. American School of Business provides a career training system with a professional faculty. The administrators, staff, and faculty are committed to the growth of the students as individuals and recognize that the student is the heart of our school and the purpose of the programs. Short CERTIFICATE training is available for employed adult learners who are in need of updating their skills to keep pace with the high-tech needs of today’s business environment. Fast Track CAREER DIPLOMA programs provide students with the necessary skill competencies to enter into the business or technology career fields in the shortest time possible.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American School of Business||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||61 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||43 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18 students||1,111 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,700||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,751||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to American School of Business is Blue Cliff College-Shreveport (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 253 students | 0.70 Mi8731 Park Plaza Drive
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 291 students | 4.10 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 303 students | 5.10 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 353 students | 9.70 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 8,693 students | 9.90 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.