American School of Business
- The mission of American School of Business is dedicated to preparing its student to successfully participate in todays world of work in the medical and business industry through education and training. American School of Business provides a career training system with a professional faculty. The administrators, staff, and faculty are committed to the growth of the students as individuals and recognize that the student is the heart of our school and the purpose of the programs. Short CERTIFICATE training is available for employed adult learners who are in need of updating their skills to keep pace with the high-tech needs of today’s business environment. Fast Track CAREER DIPLOMA programs provide students with the necessary skill competencies to enter into the business or technology career fields in the shortest time possible.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American School of Business||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||61 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||43 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18 students||1,111 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,700||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,751||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to American School of Business is Blue Cliff College-Shreveport (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 253 students | 0.70 Mi8731 Park Plaza Drive
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 291 students | 4.10 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 303 students | 5.10 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 353 students | 9.70 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 8,693 students | 9.90 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.