American School of Business
- The mission of American School of Business is dedicated to preparing its student to successfully participate in todays world of work in the medical and business industry through education and training. American School of Business provides a career training system with a professional faculty. The administrators, staff, and faculty are committed to the growth of the students as individuals and recognize that the student is the heart of our school and the purpose of the programs. Short CERTIFICATE training is available for employed adult learners who are in need of updating their skills to keep pace with the high-tech needs of today’s business environment. Fast Track CAREER DIPLOMA programs provide students with the necessary skill competencies to enter into the business or technology career fields in the shortest time possible.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American School of Business||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||61 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||43 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18 students||1,111 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,700||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,751||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to American School of Business is Remington College-Shreveport Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 291 students | 3.90 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 303 students | 5.10 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 353 students | 9.60 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 8,693 students | 9.80 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
- 2,952 students | 15.50 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.