American School of Business
- The mission of American School of Business is dedicated to preparing its student to successfully participate in todays world of work in the medical and business industry through education and training. American School of Business provides a career training system with a professional faculty. The administrators, staff, and faculty are committed to the growth of the students as individuals and recognize that the student is the heart of our school and the purpose of the programs. Short CERTIFICATE training is available for employed adult learners who are in need of updating their skills to keep pace with the high-tech needs of today’s business environment. Fast Track CAREER DIPLOMA programs provide students with the necessary skill competencies to enter into the business or technology career fields in the shortest time possible.
The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American School of Business||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,751||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to American School of Business is Remington College-Shreveport Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 291 students | 3.90 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
(318) 671-4000 3.90291
- 303 students | 5.10 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
(318) 629-2889 5.10303
- 353 students | 9.60 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
(318) 676-7811 9.60353
- 8,693 students | 9.80 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
(318) 678-6000 9.808,693
- 2,952 students | 15.50 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
(318) 670-6000 15.502,952
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!