American School of Business (Closed 2020)
- The mission of American School of Business is dedicated to preparing its student to successfully participate in todays world of work in the medical and business industry through education and training. American School of Business provides a career training system with a professional faculty. The administrators, staff, and faculty are committed to the growth of the students as individuals and recognize that the student is the heart of our school and the purpose of the programs. Short CERTIFICATE training is available for employed adult learners who are in need of updating their skills to keep pace with the high-tech needs of today’s business environment. Fast Track CAREER DIPLOMA programs provide students with the necessary skill competencies to enter into the business or technology career fields in the shortest time possible.
The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American School of Business||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||37 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||6|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$10,800|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,751||$5,000|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to American School of Business is Remington College-Shreveport Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 301 students | 3.90 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 671-4000 3.90301
- 353 students | 9.60 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318) 676-7811 9.60353
- 6,460 students | 9.80 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318) 678-6000 9.806,460
- 2,932 students | 15.50 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318) 670-6000 15.502,932
- 208 students | 25.90 MiP.O. Box 1236
Mansfield, LA 71052
(318) 872-2243 25.90208
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.