West virginia business college-Nutter Fort (Closed 2017)
|West virginia business college-Nutter Fort||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- West Virginia Business College a long established private institution founded in 1881, nationally accredited and locally owned. WVBC is a co-educational institution offering diploma and specialized associate degree programs. The Wheeling campus is located at 1052 Main Street downtown with a branch campus located in Nutter Fort, West Virginia to serve central WV. West Virginia Business College, one of the oldest private proprietary colleges in the United States, announces the addition of a Specialized Associate Degree in Office Administration/Medical Assistant with emphasis on Geriatrics or Surgical Technician. In addition to the new medical program, WVBC offers both diplomas and associate degrees in the legal, secretarial, medical and accounting fields with a new start every six weeks. West Virginia Business College offers a variety of programs ranging in length from nine months to eighteen months. Diploma Programs are offered in Business Management/Accounting Program, Secretarial Sciences/ Executive Secretary, Secretarial Sciences/ Legal Secretary, Secretarial Sciences/ Medical Secretary and Computer Applications/ Accounting, Computer Applications/ Secretarial. Specialized Associate Programs are offered in Office Administration/Executive Secretary, Office Administration/Medical Secretary, Office Administration/Paralegal, Office Administration/Legal Secretary, Business Administration/Computer Applications-Accounting, Business Administration/Computer Applications-Secretary West Virginia Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Diplomas and Specialized Associates Degrees.
- The nearest community college to West virginia business college-Nutter Fort is West Virginia Junior College-Bridgeport (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 188 students | 3.20 Mi176 Thompson Dr.
Bridgeport,  WV  26330
- 2,838 students | 17.60 Mi1201 Locust Ave
Fairmont,  WV  26554
- 373 students | 32.30 Mi148 Willey St
Morgantown,  WV  26505
- 233 students | 54.50 Mi11 East Penn St
Uniontown,  PA  15401
- 675 students | 56.20 Mi687 Mosser Road
Mc Henry,  MD  21541
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.