West virginia business college-Nutter Fort (Closed 2017)
|West virginia business college-Nutter Fort||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- West Virginia Business College a long established private institution founded in 1881, nationally accredited and locally owned. WVBC is a co-educational institution offering diploma and specialized associate degree programs. The Wheeling campus is located at 1052 Main Street downtown with a branch campus located in Nutter Fort, West Virginia to serve central WV. West Virginia Business College, one of the oldest private proprietary colleges in the United States, announces the addition of a Specialized Associate Degree in Office Administration/Medical Assistant with emphasis on Geriatrics or Surgical Technician. In addition to the new medical program, WVBC offers both diplomas and associate degrees in the legal, secretarial, medical and accounting fields with a new start every six weeks. West Virginia Business College offers a variety of programs ranging in length from nine months to eighteen months. Diploma Programs are offered in Business Management/Accounting Program, Secretarial Sciences/ Executive Secretary, Secretarial Sciences/ Legal Secretary, Secretarial Sciences/ Medical Secretary and Computer Applications/ Accounting, Computer Applications/ Secretarial. Specialized Associate Programs are offered in Office Administration/Executive Secretary, Office Administration/Medical Secretary, Office Administration/Paralegal, Office Administration/Legal Secretary, Business Administration/Computer Applications-Accounting, Business Administration/Computer Applications-Secretary West Virginia Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Diplomas and Specialized Associates Degrees.
- The nearest community college to West virginia business college-Nutter Fort is West Virginia Junior College-Bridgeport (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 188 students | 3.20 Mi176 Thompson Dr.
Bridgeport,  WV  26330
- 2,838 students | 17.50 Mi1201 Locust Ave
Fairmont,  WV  26554
- 373 students | 32.30 Mi148 Willey St
Morgantown,  WV  26505
- 233 students | 54.60 Mi11 East Penn St
Uniontown,  PA  15401
- 717 students | 54.70 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.