West Tennessee Business College (Closed 2019)
The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Tennessee Business College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||29 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,258||$12,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,351||$6,297|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- There's more to West Tennessee Business College (WTBC) than the name suggests. Located in Jackson, Tennessee, WTBC offers more than just business. It also offers certification and degrees in other in-demand fields and maintains a high student retention rate.West Tennessee Business College is an accredited school that offers academics in areas like Medical Assisting, Cosmetology and Medical Coding. The school also offers associate's degrees in Administrative Assistance and Medical Administrative Assistance. Beyond that, WTBC provides all of its students the opportunity to do externships or field work in their area of study. The state-of-the-art classrooms with their modern equipment also give students the chance to engage in hands-on learning for their chosen profession. West Tennessee Business College's high satisfaction rate is evident in the nearly 80% student retention rate. WTBC also reports a high graduation rate. See their website for more details. A commuter school, WTBC's students often live in apartments within walking or short driving distance to campus. Financial aid options at West Tennessee Business College include loans and a variety of grants and scholarships such as Tennessee Student Assistance Awards and Academic Competitiveness Grants. These options are available to students who qualify for assistance with tuition.
The nearest community college to West Tennessee Business College is Jackson State Community College (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,924 students | 3.80 Mi2046 North Pky
Jackson,  TN  38301
(731) 424-3520 3.804,924
- 2,977 students | 41.60 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg,  TN  38024
(731) 286-3200 41.602,977
- 1,425 students | 62.80 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville,  AR  72316
(870) 762-1020 62.801,425
- 3,215 students | 68.90 Mi101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville,  MS  38829
(662) 728-7751 68.903,215
- 1,310 students | 69.00 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
(901) 761-9494 69.001,310
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!