West Tennessee Business College
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Tennessee Business College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||29 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|Total Enrollment||211 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||211 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||262 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,258||$12,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,351||$6,297|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- There's more to West Tennessee Business College (WTBC) than the name suggests. Located in Jackson, Tennessee, WTBC offers more than just business. It also offers certification and degrees in other in-demand fields and maintains a high student retention rate.West Tennessee Business College is an accredited school that offers academics in areas like Medical Assisting, Cosmetology and Medical Coding. The school also offers associate's degrees in Administrative Assistance and Medical Administrative Assistance. Beyond that, WTBC provides all of its students the opportunity to do externships or field work in their area of study. The state-of-the-art classrooms with their modern equipment also give students the chance to engage in hands-on learning for their chosen profession. West Tennessee Business College's high satisfaction rate is evident in the nearly 80% student retention rate. WTBC also reports a high graduation rate. See their website for more details. A commuter school, WTBC's students often live in apartments within walking or short driving distance to campus. Financial aid options at West Tennessee Business College include loans and a variety of grants and scholarships such as Tennessee Student Assistance Awards and Academic Competitiveness Grants. These options are available to students who qualify for assistance with tuition.
- The nearest community college to West Tennessee Business College is Jackson State Community College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,924 students | 3.90 Mi2046 North Pky
Jackson,  TN  38301
- 2,847 students | 41.70 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg,  TN  38024
- 1,425 students | 62.70 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville,  AR  72316
- 3,215 students | 68.80 Mi101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville,  MS  38829
- 1,310 students | 69.00 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.