West Tennessee Business College (Closed 2019)
The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Tennessee Business College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||36 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,258||$12,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,351||$6,297|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- There's more to West Tennessee Business College (WTBC) than the name suggests. Located in Jackson, Tennessee, WTBC offers more than just business. It also offers certification and degrees in other in-demand fields and maintains a high student retention rate.West Tennessee Business College is an accredited school that offers academics in areas like Medical Assisting, Cosmetology and Medical Coding. The school also offers associate's degrees in Administrative Assistance and Medical Administrative Assistance. Beyond that, WTBC provides all of its students the opportunity to do externships or field work in their area of study. The state-of-the-art classrooms with their modern equipment also give students the chance to engage in hands-on learning for their chosen profession. West Tennessee Business College's high satisfaction rate is evident in the nearly 80% student retention rate. WTBC also reports a high graduation rate. See their website for more details. A commuter school, WTBC's students often live in apartments within walking or short driving distance to campus. Financial aid options at West Tennessee Business College include loans and a variety of grants and scholarships such as Tennessee Student Assistance Awards and Academic Competitiveness Grants. These options are available to students who qualify for assistance with tuition.
The nearest community college to West Tennessee Business College is Jackson State Community College (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,862 students | 3.80 Mi2046 North Pky
Jackson, TN 38301
(731) 424-3520 3.804,862
- 2,977 students | 41.60 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg, TN 38024
(731) 286-3200 41.602,977
- 1,422 students | 62.80 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville, AR 72316
(870) 762-1020 62.801,422
- 3,512 students | 68.90 Mi101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville, MS 38829
(662) 728-7751 68.903,512
- 1,394 students | 69.00 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis, TN 38137
(901) 761-9494 69.001,394
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?