West Tennessee Business College (Closed 2019)
The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 62% over five years.
|West Tennessee Business College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||81 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,258||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,351||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- There's more to West Tennessee Business College (WTBC) than the name suggests. Located in Jackson, Tennessee, WTBC offers more than just business. It also offers certification and degrees in other in-demand fields and maintains a high student retention rate.West Tennessee Business College is an accredited school that offers academics in areas like Medical Assisting, Cosmetology and Medical Coding. The school also offers associate's degrees in Administrative Assistance and Medical Administrative Assistance. Beyond that, WTBC provides all of its students the opportunity to do externships or field work in their area of study. The state-of-the-art classrooms with their modern equipment also give students the chance to engage in hands-on learning for their chosen profession. West Tennessee Business College's high satisfaction rate is evident in the nearly 80% student retention rate. WTBC also reports a high graduation rate. See their website for more details. A commuter school, WTBC's students often live in apartments within walking or short driving distance to campus. Financial aid options at West Tennessee Business College include loans and a variety of grants and scholarships such as Tennessee Student Assistance Awards and Academic Competitiveness Grants. These options are available to students who qualify for assistance with tuition.
The nearest community college to West Tennessee Business College is Jackson State Community College (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,899 students | 3.80 Mi2046 North Pky
Jackson, TN 38301
(731) 424-3520 3.804,899
- 2,840 students | 41.60 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg, TN 38024
(731) 286-3200 41.602,840
- 1,562 students | 62.80 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville, AR 72316
(870) 762-1020 62.801,562
- 3,606 students | 68.90 Mi101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville, MS 38829
(662) 728-7751 68.903,606
- 1,367 students | 69.00 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis, TN 38137
(901) 761-9494 69.001,367
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.