Walters State Community College
- Walters State Community College, a public two-year higher education institution, is a component of the State University and Community College System of Tennessee governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents. The mission of Walters State is consistent with the college's shared vision for guiding the college into the twenty-first century and with the values expressed within the Campus Compact. Walters State is a learning centered, comprehensive community college established to provide affordable and quality higher education opportunities for the residents of upper East Tennessee. The college offers programs of study that lead to the Associate of Science, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science in Teaching, and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
- Enrollment: 6,279 students
- In-state tuition: $4,327
- Out-state tuition: $17,198
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 10%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Agriculture Club, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Baptist Collegiate Ministry, Business Management Student Organization, Claiborne Service Learners Club, Communication Club, Culinarians Guild, Debate Club, Drama Club, History Club, International Club, International Club of Sevier County, Kappa Beta Delta, Library Ambassadors, Music Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Philosophy Club, Physical Therapist Assistants Association, PSYCH!, Psychology Club, Q-Munity, Respiratory Care Club, S.W.A.T. (Students Working to Advance Technology), S.W.O.R.D. (Students Who Occasionally Roll Dice), Science Club, Senators Pages, Service Learners of WSGC, Sevier County Ambassadors, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Nurses Association, Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA), Student Tennessee Education Association, Walters State Folk Club, Word Up Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
WSCC Cheerleading Squad
- As a comprehensive community college, Walters State provides leadership to a geographically large and diverse service area. The primary service area includes the counties of Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Sevier, and Union. The college has a TBR approved expanded service area including other East Tennessee counties for Public Safety and Health programs. Walters State provides university parallel programs, programs and courses in business, technical education, health, public safety, and arts and sciences, continuing education and community service programs, personal enrichment, and lifelong learning, cultural enrichment programs, public service programs, advanced, honors, and developmental education programs, programs, services, and activities designed to enhance student opportunities, achievement, personal development, sense of civic responsibility, leadership skills, and general welfare. Walters State is accredited by the Commission on Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.