Tri-State College Of Acupuncture
- The Tri-State College of Acupuncture is dedicated to offering comprehensive training in meridian-based acupuncture within the context of a broader education in Classical Oriental Medicine. In order to pursue this vision, the College stands ready to fulfill a dual mission. First, the College shall strive to restore the meridian perspective and the central role of palpation to the training of acupuncturists, thereby representing a more classical approach within the field of American acupuncture. Second, the College shall preserve this central acupuncture perspective as it offers training in other areas of Oriental medicine, and fosters collaboration between Oriental medical and Western medical practitioners for the betterment of American health care.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 1500% over five years.
|Tri-State College Of Acupuncture||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||32 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||110 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||95 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15 students||525 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$58,500||$35,300|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||$13,747|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||$5,868|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1979, the Tri-State College of Acupuncture (TSCA) is one of the oldest schools of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in the United States. Recognized internationally as one of the best acupuncture training institutes in the country, TSCA is dedicated to offering comprehensive training in three styles of acupuncture within the context of a broader education in Classical Oriental Medicine. The Tri-State College of Acupuncture offers a three-year combined Bachelor of Professional Studies/Master of Science degree in Acupuncture which is accredited by the ACAOM and leads to eligibility for licensure in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and most other states. TSCA also offers a two-year (550 hour) certificate program in Traditional Chinese Herbology. The Post-Graduate Institute offers professional and continuing education for licensed acupuncturists, certified physician acupuncturists and other licensed healthcare providers as indicated in each course's admission requirements. All of these courses meet NCCAOM standards for CEU credit for re-certification. TSCA boasts an exceptional faculty featuring Master Practitioners, each a leader with over 20 years of experience in the field of acupuncture and Oriental medicine. All TSCA faculty are, first and foremost, practitioners, the majority offering over a decade of experience each as health care providers and educators. The education at TSCA thus goes well beyond theory, informed directly by its faculty members' extensive clinical experience. The College is conveniently located in the heart of New York City at 80 Eighth Avenue (at 14th Street) between the famed Chelsea and Greenwich Village neighborhoods. The campus occupies a 9,500 square-foot space in a 24-hour/day access-overseen building. The facility, designed specifically for the school's unique program, includes large classrooms, a library with computer access, student lounges, a busy teaching clinic, a reception area/patient waiting room, a Chinese herbal pharmacy and dispensary, and administrative offices.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 490 students | 0.00 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
- 545 students | 0.20 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
- 26,606 students | 0.40 Mi199 Chambers St
New York,  NY  10007
- n/a students | 0.60 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
- 16,967 students | 1.60 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.