Southwest University of Visual Arts-Albuquerque
- The Art Center Design College strives to be an exemplary force in higher education by providing a setting that prepares both national and international students interested in pursuing a future in the visual/communication arts to attain Bachelor's and Associate of Arts degrees and to meet the competitive challenges of an evolving global environment.
The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 67% over five years.
|Southwest University of Visual Arts-Albuquerque||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Arts, Music & Design Schools||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||137 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- President, Sharmon R. Woods and Vice President, Marvin R. Woods founded The Art Center Design College in 1983 in Tucson, AZ. The college sprung from the Woods' graphics firm that frequently hired both full-time and freelance artists. Finding talented artists grounded in a thorough knowledge of production, illustration and effective design became the challenge. The College has continued to expand with the addition of baccalaureate degrees in Interior Design and Animation Graphics in the late 1990's and Fine Arts in 2003. In 1989, the Albuquerque, NM campus was opened to meet the market's demand for well-trained graphic designers and illustrators. The college offers Art and Design programs of varying length leading to baccalaureate degrees, Associate degrees and professional certificates, general education program, continuing program, program of technology, library, media, and student services, special instructional classes and tutorial labs and a program that specifically supports employers in their search for qualified Art and Design professionals. The Art Center Design College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a Member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Southwest University of Visual Arts-Albuquerque is Pima Medical Institute-Albuquerque (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 708 students | 1.10 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(505) 881-1234 1.10708
- 23,096 students | 2.10 Mi525 Buena Vista Dr SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505) 224-3000 2.1023,096
- 452 students | 5.50 Mi4201 Central Ave NW-Ste J
Albuquerque, NM 87105
(505) 880-2877 5.50452
- 2,196 students | 25.90 Mi280 La Entrada
Los Lunas, NM 87031
(505) 925-8500 25.902,196
- 174 students | 48.40 Mi3960 San Felipe Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(505) 467-6806 48.40174
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.