Southwest University of Visual Arts-Albuquerque
- The Art Center Design College strives to be an exemplary force in higher education by providing a setting that prepares both national and international students interested in pursuing a future in the visual/communication arts to attain Bachelor's and Associate of Arts degrees and to meet the competitive challenges of an evolving global environment.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwest University of Visual Arts-Albuquerque||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||202 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||133 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||69 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- President, Sharmon R. Woods and Vice President, Marvin R. Woods founded The Art Center Design College in 1983 in Tucson, AZ. The college sprung from the Woods' graphics firm that frequently hired both full-time and freelance artists. Finding talented artists grounded in a thorough knowledge of production, illustration and effective design became the challenge. The College has continued to expand with the addition of baccalaureate degrees in Interior Design and Animation Graphics in the late 1990's and Fine Arts in 2003. In 1989, the Albuquerque, NM campus was opened to meet the market's demand for well-trained graphic designers and illustrators. The college offers Art and Design programs of varying length leading to baccalaureate degrees, Associate degrees and professional certificates, general education program, continuing program, program of technology, library, media, and student services, special instructional classes and tutorial labs and a program that specifically supports employers in their search for qualified Art and Design professionals. The Art Center Design College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a Member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Southwest University of Visual Arts-Albuquerque is Pima Medical Institute-Albuquerque (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 1.20 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
- 26,771 students | 2.20 Mi525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque,  NM  87106
- 357 students | 5.60 Mi4201 Central Ave NW-Ste J
Albuquerque,  NM  87105
- 2,321 students | 25.70 Mi280 La Entrada
Los Lunas,  NM  87031
- 6,242 students | 48.80 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.