- South Arkansas Community College is a public, two-year institution with an open-door policy, providing educational programs, services, and resources for the residents of Union County and the surrounding area. With a philosophy that affirms the value of education, the importance of academic freedom for students and faculty, the worth and dignity of each individual, and an abiding belief in the ideals of a democratic society, the college encourages innovation, excellence, and leadership in its mission as a comprehensive community college.
South Arkansas Community College serves 1,253 students (42% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 34%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,253 students
- In-state tuition: $2,642
- Out-state tuition: $4,442
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
South Arkansas Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
The teacher population of 162 teachers has grown by 110% over five years.
South Arkansas Community College
(AR) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of South Arkansas Community College has declined by 15% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The South Arkansas Community College diversity score of 0.55 is more than the state average of 0.53. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,642 is less than the state average of $2,994. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,442 is less than the state average of $4,750. The out-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- South Arkansas Community College promotes excellence in service, teaching, and learning; prepares the current and future workforce; provides lifelong educational opportunities. The Workforce Development Center at South Arkansas Community College serves as a link between the college and area businesses, industries, and government agencies. Customized training is developed in response to a specific demand by local business and industry. The center has the capability to deliver training whenever and wherever it best meets the client's needs. In addition to the traditional academic and occupational education available at South Arkansas Community College, the Office of Community Service/Continuing Education offers a variety of opportunities which earn no college credit, but provide training for business and industry, skill development, continuing education for professionals and government agencies, and courses for personal enrichment. The non-credit courses, seminars, and workshops are designed to be informative and enjoyable. The college is a member of, and accredited by, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Arkansas Community College cost?
South Arkansas Community College's tuition is approximately $2,642 for In-State students and $4,442 for Out-State students.
What is South Arkansas Community College's ranking?
South Arkansas Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Arkansas for: Diversity in US community colleges.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.