- South Arkansas Community College is a public, two-year institution with an open-door policy, providing educational programs, services, and resources for the residents of Union County and the surrounding area. With a philosophy that affirms the value of education, the importance of academic freedom for students and faculty, the worth and dignity of each individual, and an abiding belief in the ideals of a democratic society, the college encourages innovation, excellence, and leadership in its mission as a comprehensive community college.
- Enrollment: 1,253 students
- In-state tuition: $2,642
- Out-state tuition: $4,442
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- South Arkansas Community College promotes excellence in service, teaching, and learning; prepares the current and future workforce; provides lifelong educational opportunities. The Workforce Development Center at South Arkansas Community College serves as a link between the college and area businesses, industries, and government agencies. Customized training is developed in response to a specific demand by local business and industry. The center has the capability to deliver training whenever and wherever it best meets the client's needs. In addition to the traditional academic and occupational education available at South Arkansas Community College, the Office of Community Service/Continuing Education offers a variety of opportunities which earn no college credit, but provide training for business and industry, skill development, continuing education for professionals and government agencies, and courses for personal enrichment. The non-credit courses, seminars, and workshops are designed to be informative and enjoyable. The college is a member of, and accredited by, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.