South Arkansas Community College
- South Arkansas Community College is a public, two-year institution with an open-door policy, providing educational programs, services, and resources for the residents of Union County and the surrounding area. With a philosophy that affirms the value of education, the importance of academic freedom for students and faculty, the worth and dignity of each individual, and an abiding belief in the ideals of a democratic society, the college encourages innovation, excellence, and leadership in its mission as a comprehensive community college.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,693 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||706 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||987 students||926 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$28,600|
- South Arkansas Community College promotes excellence in service, teaching, and learning; prepares the current and future workforce; provides lifelong educational opportunities. The Workforce Development Center at South Arkansas Community College serves as a link between the college and area businesses, industries, and government agencies. Customized training is developed in response to a specific demand by local business and industry. The center has the capability to deliver training whenever and wherever it best meets the client's needs. In addition to the traditional academic and occupational education available at South Arkansas Community College, the Office of Community Service/Continuing Education offers a variety of opportunities which earn no college credit, but provide training for business and industry, skill development, continuing education for professionals and government agencies, and courses for personal enrichment. The non-credit courses, seminars, and workshops are designed to be informative and enjoyable. The college is a member of, and accredited by, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to South Arkansas Community College is Southern Arkansas University Tech (29.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,559 students | 29.10 Mi6415 Spellman Road
Camden,  AR  71701
- 128 students | 33.50 Mi605 W Boundary
Farmerville,  LA  71241
- 259 students | 51.70 Mi729 Kammell St
Bastrop,  LA  71221
- n/a students | 53.50 Mi609 Vocational Pky
West Monroe,  LA  71292
- 440 students | 55.50 Mi9500 Industrial Drive
Minden,  LA  71055