Scottsdale Community College
Scottsdale Community College Photo #2 - Two Waters Circle is one of the many locations on campus where students can enjoy the beautiful outdoor space to gather, study, socialize and participate in class projects.
Scottsdale Community College Photo #3 - SCC has a new, state-of-the-art-Library with high-tech classroom, study and learning environments, as well as comfortable and roomy areas for individual or group study.
- Scottsdale Community College is a great place to begin your college experience. Whether you are aiming to advance your career, train for a new one, or simply cultivate your individual interests, SCC has hundreds of courses designed to help you earn an associate's degree, professional certification, or provide a strong foundation for university transfer. In addition to traditional programs of study, including university transfer and career programs, SCC offers continuing education for practicing professionals, developmental education, and English as a Second Language. As the only public community college in the nation to reside on Native American land through a partnership with the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, SCC offers students a pristine, natural setting with expansive mountain views and native plant and wildlife.
Scottsdale Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 282 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Scottsdale Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||282 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,863 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,985 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,878 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,100||$31,100|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Scottsdale Community College is located on the eastern boundary of the city of Scottsdale, Arizona, on 160 acres of leased land belonging to the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. When you come to Scottsdale Community College, we give you what you came for - excellent programs of study taught by outstanding faculty. SCC is one of 10 colleges in the Maricopa Community College District. The beautiful campus with its unobstructed view of the mountains is located at Pima and Chaparral Roads. SCC has exceptional transfer programs with the state universities for students earning four-year degrees and has broad opportunities for students interested in careers that do not require a four-year degree. Programs include: science, math, nursing, drafting, business, engineering science, film, fine arts, interior design, hospitality, culinary arts, administration of justice, equine science, tribal management, and computer information programs. These programs are developed in accordance with the needs of students, the community, business, and industry. College personnel work closely with community employers to assess current educational and training needs.
- The nearest community college to Scottsdale Community College is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Scottsdale (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,567 students | 1.60 Mi8100 E Camelback Rd, Suite 1001
Scottsdale,  AZ  85251
- 986 students | 7.10 Mi1100 East Apache Blvd
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 732 students | 7.70 Mi4210 E Washington Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
- 5,950 students | 7.90 Mi108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
- 1,038 students | 8.00 Mi957 S. Dobson Road
Mesa,  AZ  85202
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.