Professional Skills Institute
- Professional Skills Institute is a private college that specializes in Medical training that can be completed within two years or as little as twelve months. Our current program offerings include Associate Degrees in Medical Assisting and Physical Therapist Assisting. In addition, there are diploma programs in Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Specialist, and Practical Nursing. The college was founded in 1984 by Patricia Finch, a Toledo born registered nurse, who had the desire to teach students above and beyond the required clinical and technical skills. At the inception of the college there were only two students and two programs, and the classes were held in a small office space on Airport Highway. Today, there are nearly 400 students at PSI’s newest location at 5115 Glendale Avenue. The student body at PSI is diverse. From the student just graduating from high school to the adult learner who is looking to make a career change, PSI is definitely an alternative to larger colleges and universities.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Professional Skills Institute||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||27 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||286 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||286 students||450 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Professional Skills Institute is Stautzenberger College-Maumee (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 708 students | 1.80 Mi1796 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee,  OH  43537
- 213 students | 2.40 Mi5212 Hill Avenue
Toledo,  OH  43615
- 193 students | 2.40 Mi5212 Hill Ave
Toledo,  OH  43615
- 193 students | 6.30 Mi4747 Monroe St
Toledo,  OH  43623
- 12,561 students | 6.50 Mi30335 Oregon Rd
Perrysburg,  OH  43551
Learn about the recent decision to provide additional grants to the Plus 50 Encore Completion program that trains baby boomers at community colleges for new careers.
We review recent reports showing community colleges are placing a new emphasis on STEM education – with considerable success.
Choosing a college major can be tough, but you also need to think about choosing the right type of degree. Keep reading to learn about the five different types of college degrees and your earning potential for each one.