Northwest Technical College
- Northwest Technical College is a technological learning organization that is also open and inviting, comprised of professionals that value life-long learning and the worth and dignity of all people. Guided by a commitment to excellence through education with a global focus, Northwest Technical College looks to become the premiere technical college in Minnesota. The academic and co-curricular culture at Northwest Technical College encourages an appreciation of differences and a rich knowledge of self and others that is the foundation of democratic citizenship in a technological world. Such an education is a life-enhancing opportunity that will enable individuals to reach their fullest potential and contribute to the richness of the natural, human, and economic resources of this region. Northwest Technical College integrates the value of work with the educational experience to develop resourceful lifelong learners with knowledge, skills, and attitudes to secure rewarding careers and satisfying lives in an increasingly technologically focused, globally interdependent, multicultural society.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwest Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||38 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,091 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||390 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||701 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,700||$36,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Northwest Technical College is Minnesota state community and technical college (Detroit lakes) (63.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 63.20 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
- 1,222 students | 65.20 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
- 4,583 students | 76.60 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls,  MN  56701
- 5,331 students | 82.20 Mi501 West College Drive
Brainerd,  MN  56401
- 1,302 students | 90.30 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.