Louisiana Technical College-Jumonville Memorial
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Jumonville Memorial||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Urban-serving Multica||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||30%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Jumonville Memorial is Louisiana Technical College-Folkes Campus (19.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 771 students | 19.30 Mi3337 Hwy. 10
Jackson, LA 70748
(225) 634-2636 19.30771
- 1,946 students | 23.50 Mi3250 North Acadian Thruway East
Baton Rouge, LA 70805
(225) 359-9201 23.501,946
- 8,242 students | 25.60 Mi201 Community College Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(866) 217-9823 25.608,242
- 35 students | 25.80 Mi5700 Florida Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225) 341-2745 25.8035
- 252 students | 26.00 Mi7380 Exchange Place
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225) 928-7770 26.00252
In the face of a budget crisis, Nevada community colleges are seizing the opportunity to make sweeping changes in their system, from requiring a high school diploma to changing the formula used to determine tuition and fees. Will other states follow suit?
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?