Lexington College (Closed 2014)
- Lexington College is the women’s hospitality management college in the United States. The College grants a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Hospitality Management and an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Hospitality Management. Students pursuing the BAS select a concentration in Hotel and Lodging Management, Restaurant and Food Services Management, Event Planning, Culinary Arts, Health Care and Wellness, Nutritional Studies, and Catering Management.
|Lexington College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lexington College is located in the heart of Chicago, the convention capital of the United States. Chicago is home to some of the world's finest restaurants and hotels – a perfect location for a hospitality management college. Lexington College is a single-purpose college awarding a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Hospitality Management and an Associate of Applied Science degree in Hospitality Management. The seven concentrations are: Hotel & Lodging Management, Restaurant & Food Service Management, Event Planning, Culinary Arts, Health Care & Wellness, Nutritional Studies, and Catering Management. Lexington's academic year is divided into two semesters, spring and fall. The curriculum offered at Lexington College prepares students for professional careers in the hospitality industry. College courses foster critical thinking, reasoning, intellectual curiosity, a knowledge of culture, and an understanding of diversity. These courses equip students with skills and ways of thinking that facilitate life long learning and good habits of integrity and service that will allow them to achieve in management and leadership positions in their workplace and community. At Lexington, class size is limited so students receive the personalized attention they need to make their college years a success. Lexington College is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 0.70 Mi330 North Green Street
Chicago,  IL  60607
(773) 577-8100 0.70611
- 6,245 students | 1.20 Mi1900 W Van Buren
Chicago,  IL  60612
(312) 850-7000 1.206,245
- 216 students | 1.20 Mi29 E. Madison
Chicago,  IL  60602
(312) 922-1884 1.20216
- 3,205 students | 1.20 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
(312) 935-6800 1.203,205
- 9,392 students | 1.30 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
(312) 553-5600 1.309,392
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.